Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Women Talk Dishwashers
TOPIC: Dishwashers
Created by: lost_j1
Original Starting post for this thread:
Okay, give me some advice girlies. My dishwasher does well as far as washing my dishes...but there is a horrible film on the glass lately. I wouldn't eat from them if I didn't know myself they were clean haha. What do y'all use to combat this? We keep the filters clean. thanks!

GoTo Page: 1 2 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 20   End
User Details are only visible to members.
We were having an issue with ours but it blew a hose so we got a new one. The new one cleans dishes great. YEAHHHH

New Braunfels TX
Username hidden
(39 posts)
They took the phosphates out of your dish detergent, that's probably what's causing the film. I bought a box of TSP (Tri sodium phosphate) from Amazon and put it back in. You can get a really big box for about $5.00. I also use LemiShine, because I have very hard water. It's not perfect, but it helps a lot.

Gainesville FL
Username hidden
(1 post)
Got some yesterday! We actually bought a dishwasher cleaner...I think it works like Draino because you have to let it sit in there for 4 hours and then do a cycle. Then we do have the rinse aid. They look much better now lol.

Username hidden
(23991 posts)
LemiShine, OMG I have to get Bacchus to read this. Recently a good friend and I sent him to the grocery store. You had to be there, but it's was so funny when she couldn't remember the name but gave a description of the bottle. Anyhow, it works great.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
thank you AZ!!! I love the wealth of info on here on everything. I love this site.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7532 posts)
We have super hard water and it is the removal of the phosphates that is ruining the dishes. Go to WalMart or Target or even your local grocery store and look for LemiShine. You use it along w/your diswashing detergent and it works like a charm. MrsAZ

Mesa AZ
Username hidden
(19 posts)
We have a peroxide water filtration system

Augusta NJ
Username hidden
(16055 posts)
Oh...I think I have a lovely pic of your hubby doing a massive amount of dishes at our house on NYE....maybe that needs posted."

Yeah, posted in our kitchen so he can't say he doesn't know how to do dishes :0).

Username hidden
(23991 posts)
I read that same article, but it was in the newspaper here in "hard water land."

Ours doesn't do our dishes justice either. I run it once a week, just to keep the lines going, but I also don't have a big family, so our dishes are not terrible. Oh...I think I have a lovely pic of your hubby doing a massive amount of dishes at our house on NYE....maybe that needs posted.

If you find anything good, let me know. Ours is one of those "smart" dishwashers where you fill it up sporadically and it "knows" how much dish washer fluid to use (geeze, can you tell I'm more of a car girl than a dishwasher girl? Fluid isn't the right word...) plus I try to remember to add a rinse agent, but after all that, i might as well just wash them.

We're still considering a water softener here.

G.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7532 posts)
I was recently reading an article in Chemical and Engineering News (yes, very nerdy, I know...!), and since phosphates have had to be reduced/removed from dishwasher detergent the performance of all but the higher end all-in-one gel packets (like Cascade and Finish) has been reduced. Not sure if you are using the solid or liquid gel types, but that could be part of the problem.

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6972 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 20   End
TOPIC: Dishwashers