Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Women Talk Dealing with an unprofessional person in a professional environment
TOPIC: Dealing with an unprofessional person in a professional environment
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   21 to 30 of 36   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Frnzn, every once in a while, even a blind squirrel finds a nut!

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(8738 posts)
BT, you may be right! He has been doing his job his way for quite some time, and this new program is drastically changing that. I have trained over 20 people so far, and all have resisted the change to some extent. Understandable, as it is human nature.

Apollo PA
Username hidden
(752 posts)
Outdoors, what is this ego word of which you speak?

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(8738 posts)
BT, males don't have egos like that, do they?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Frnz, The thought just occurred to me that this guy may be scared shitless of learning something new. He may simply be fearful of failing and looking stupid and may be putting up a wall to try to protect himself. Could this be a possible reason for his behavior? Sorry. Just thinking out loud.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(8738 posts)
Lost, your thoughts and insight are always helpful and appreciated!! I will be putting all the advice to use in the next week or two when I begin to travel and get to meet this person face to face! Hopefully it's just his phone skills that are lacking! :)

Apollo PA
Username hidden
(752 posts)
frnz I deal with this daily, as almost all people who work customer service do. We have a girl in the office who is totally ghetto. Oye. How I do it is, I simply maintain my bearing. I never drop to that level. I will never get into the dirt and get filthy with anyone, I do not engage in it. I will walk away and laugh at them before I will fight with them. If this person is unappropriate you can use your human resources dept. or talk with management about it...but it may just make it worse. Headphones. They help alot too LOL. Nothing Nicki Minaj cannot fix.

Username hidden
(23991 posts)
Thanks, bell! So nice to hear from someone in the same situation! I guess even in today's world, you still have some who, for whatever reason, take issue with a woman succeeding in what is considered to be a "male" industry. Thankfully, they are in the minority, but they can sure make it tough at times!

Apollo PA
Username hidden
(752 posts)
Wow - I felt like I was reading my work autobiography. I also work in a predominantly male environment and will occasionally get shot down by male bullies. I have to travel quite a bit and will sometimes have to schedule my travel with these idiots. Fortunately, my direct team members are decent, ethical and respectful men. I would suggest taking the high road with this idiot. You are not the only one who has observed this. You will probably never need to use this but it may be a good idea to start documenting things - his behavior, work issues, and problems with clients. Companies will generally sweep bad behavior under the carpet until it starts affecting their bottom line.

Albany OR
Username hidden
(36 posts)
Carrie, these are definitely the times that I envy women like you and so many out here who are not afraid to speak up when needed. I, unfortunately, have never been good at that. Over the next few weeks I do plan to "prepare" myself for if things do get out of hand on how to verbalize (within my comfort zone) exactly your point. Because all of you are correct, it is my job to train him, but it is HIS job to learn the system.

Apollo PA
Username hidden
(752 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   21 to 30 of 36   End
TOPIC: Dealing with an unprofessional person in a professional environment