Dealing with an unprofessional person in a professional environment : Swingers Discussion 2100251011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen TalkDealing with an unprofessional person in a professional environment
TOPIC: Dealing with an unprofessional person in a professional environment
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   11 to 20 of 36   End
User Details are only visible to members.
My thoughts are to open up the next session with, "We lost a little time in the first session repeating some material that had already been covered so I am going to insist that all cell phones and laptops be turned off and stored before we resume. This way we can all pay attention to the material and not be distracted. I'll wait."

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(11950 posts)
I agree , call him out. If he is talking cross you hands over your chest and say " Mr so so it seems you have something urgent to share so please be so kind as to share that with all of us here. When he asks you to repeat what you have already said I'd point out if he spent more time paying attention and less time talking, typing and playing with his phone he'd know what you said. I don't know how many people are in your class but his interruptions will become his embarrassment.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5480 posts)
This works sometimes, depending on the company, its culture and the protagonists. Negotiate it away at the beginning, viz:

"Mr. Smith, up to this point, our relationship has only been conducted by phone and email, but I am very uncomfortable with your (identify specific behaviors). We will be spending a lot of time together and I want it to be productive. Can we agree to do our best to (name behaviors you would like) and not (list behaviors that trouble you) while we are on this project?"

Hint: Nothing wrong with playing the "feeling" card: "Mr. Smith I feel really bad when you (name behavior)." Feelings are important. How you feel is often more important than what you think in a given situation.

If he agrees up front -- and violates it later, you can come back and say, "Mr. Smith, I thought we agreed not to get into (name violation)?

If he doesn't agree up front -- I would go to my manager and tell him/her that your relationship with Mr. Smith is a bad one, and he (Smith) has stated that he has no intention of improving it.

Might work. Good luck.

Charlotte NC
Username hidden
(564 posts)
In my experience people like this are often doing this to get attention and show how cool they are. The best way that I have had and seen in other corporate training environments is to call them out in front of the whole class. Really just put it to them, make them answer for their actions and actually give an alternative to whatever they are bitching about. 9 times out of ten they shut up real fast once they are called out on their bullshit. Good luck tomorrow

Grafton MA
Username hidden
(28 posts)
My 2 cents again... Document it. Be factual, but add how his actions made you feel and how disruptive his actions were to the learning process. If you have anyone else who can witness it, great. Better yet, if possible invite anyone who is in a more senior position to sit in on the training to observe. I taught "Sales School" for a large multi-national for a number of years and found that facilitating from the rear of the room would often also make a big difference with people who act like clowns, i.e., your friend here. Can you position yourself so that you're instructing from right next to, or standing right behind him? Too bad you aren't given the opportunity to write individual evals on the trainees. Announcing in advance that this would happen cuts down on the B.S.

Good luck Frzn.

BT

Los Angeles CA
Username hidden
(8448 posts)
Well....after the first training session all I can say is "wow"! ... I honestly do not think I have ever met a more clasless, rude person than this man! And honestly, nothing he did was actually anything that I would report to anyone... I am just completely blown away by the rudenss. He brought a laptop to the session and I explained he wouldn't need it, that it would be better to watch the screen and what I was doing. Well, he apparently had more pressing work to do and worked on his laptop most of the time. Talked to the guy beside him while I was talking... I stopped several times due to their conversations. He answered his cell phone several times...and through all this, he repeatedly asked questions about stuff I had just covered because he wasn't listening and interupted me every chance I got bitching about something that I hadn't even covered yet... then he starts rolling his eyes and making it apparent he doesn't like this system.... I at one point made it clear that people much higher than us have determined that this is the software we will be using, so.... I am ready for a drink!!... and the worst part? I have to come back here tomorrow!

Apollo PA
Username hidden
(741 posts)
So Frnz, how is it going with this guy? LMK if you need a little help relieving the stress of spending the day with him.

;^D

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(11950 posts)
oye, today I had to light an ass up. OMG. We have one girl, I have no clue why she is not unemployed. And we have our little diva. I left a voice mail for a client and was calling Cigna to check his bens. Meanwhile he called back and she answered. I told her tell him that I am calling Cigna to get his deductible info and I will call him back in just a moment. She had him on hold.....proceeded to get the fuck up from her desk, walk into my office....while he was on hold mind you..............and ask me "do you have any gum?" I sat there looking at her with my fucking mouth agape. I said are you going to fucking tell the client what I told you? She said im going to tell him you'll call him back, im not telling him all that.

The conversation went down from there and her little diva princess ass went thud when she crashed the fuck back to the earth. Then she went to the manager because Shelly was mean to her. I told the manager she'd best pray you arent promoted and i take over...because she will be 20 pounds short of an ass.

fucking do you have any gum.

Username hidden
(23994 posts)
My pleasure.

Los Angeles CA
Username hidden
(8448 posts)
BT, you just gave me a much needed smile this morning. Thanks! :)

Apollo PA
Username hidden
(741 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   11 to 20 of 36   End
TOPIC: Dealing with an unprofessional person in a professional environment