Cycle Change Pills : Swingers Discussion 212771
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen TalkCycle Change Pills
TOPIC: Cycle Change Pills
Created by: Seduction4Two
Original Starting post for this thread:
Someone told me that there are some kind of pills that will alter the monthly cycle. Makes no sense, but I'm no doctor, so I have no idea. Basically, we going away in January, for a week, it just happens that my cycle is supposed to start on the day that we're leaving. Is there anything that I can take or do to change that, for my cycle to either start after I return or a week before?

Anyone? Help!?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
User Details are only visible to members.
Yes, there is a pill called Norethisterone that will help to delay your period. Brides who are due to get their period on their wedding or honeymoon take it, competitive athletes, dancers, cheerleaders... anyone who wants to delay their period for a short amount of time.

Not sure when you're going or if you have time, but check with your gyno. It's a prescription.

It sounds like a god-send, but there are side effects. Most women have no problem with it. Just be prepared for a heavier than usual period when you get home.

Best of luck!

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(567 posts)
might not be too late if you got them right away. worth a try.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2053 posts)
i am on the pill, for reasons other than birth control, and i can adjust my period when needed by taking the pill for a few less or extra days as needed.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2053 posts)
You can stop your period by taking the pill. But it is at an increase dose. You would not want to do it all the time but when there are vacation plans.... . A doc will not typically recommend it, but it is done to stop a period that will not stop.

Lansing MI
Username hidden
(1624 posts)
I don't use birth control pills. It's too late right now :(

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16441 posts)
If your on the pill if you don't stop taking them for the week of your cycle you won't cycle. Not recommended to do this often but for a once in a while thing its ok. The thing is if your not already on the pill this will be hard to accomplish for your trip.

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17839 posts)
I believe, although I could be wrong, that if you time the pill to "change" your cycle, you can delay it for a week. You might be able to take a course of progesterone and bring in on early as well. I do HRT, and the progesterone causes me to have a period It could be, though, that you may have needed to to this further in advance than a month.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5156 posts)
If I go on the pill, it wouldn't change my cycle, I can for instance phone my gyn, and have write a script which I would start on the Sunday of my next period. Keep going until the trip, but I'm regular so it wouldn't change anything, unless I'm misunderstanding you? It really sucks, because it's a cruise :(

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16441 posts)
Sed, you could go on the pill. Anything that is going to delay your cycle is going to do so hormonally - I do not think there is any way around that.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5156 posts)
Someone told me that there are some kind of pills that will alter the monthly cycle. Makes no sense, but I'm no doctor, so I have no idea. Basically, we going away in January, for a week, it just happens that my cycle is supposed to start on the day that we're leaving. Is there anything that I can take or do to change that, for my cycle to either start after I return or a week before?

Anyone? Help!?

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16441 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
TOPIC: Cycle Change Pills