Curves or Zumba : Swingers Discussion 1942451021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen TalkCurves or Zumba
TOPIC: Curves or Zumba
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   21 to 26 of 26 
User Details are only visible to members.
I'm going to second peg's focus on glycemic index. If you have trouble with staying within your calorie count eating foods with a low glycemic index will really, really help. A bowl of steel cut oats with blueberries in the morning is my very best defense against over-eating for the rest of the day (says the girl who started her day with a scone and clotted cream!) Everything in moderation including moderation. Slow and steady wins the race and whatever other cliches you can think to add.

How's the smoking thing going?

Cincinnati OH
Username hidden
(3995 posts)
Sorry! Also get online and read a little about the glycemic index and stay away from foods high on the index. Some of the foods high on the index might surprise you. Eating low on the index will help you with your hunger.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5235 posts)
Kind, as Sed mentioned, try to take all the white stuff out of your diet. Most of it is junky carbs and can be replaced with better choices. I have begun to eat a lot more protein and fat than I have done in the past, and as a result I have dropped the ten lbs I put on over 20 years ago and could never get off despite being very physically active. I actually started with a book called Clean by Alexander Junger, just in case you want to look it up. I eat very strictly during the week and then ease up over the weekends. That way I do not feel as though there is any food that is truely forbidden.

The other strategy that I use is to spread my "calorie counting" over a period of a week instead of a day. I found that helped with my food guilt and having to be so manic about every morsel of food. If I eat something higher in calories on Monday, then Tuesday and Wednesday are lighter eating days. It is how I finally evolved into weekday/vs weekend eating. And I never feel guilty about what I eat- if I want ice cream for dinner on Friday night, I eat it and savor every bite, but I make up for it over the next few days. I have fought my weight my entire life, and this method has finally gotten me down to a weight where I am happy.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5235 posts)
One of the comments on the internet was from a woman that said she fell down 3 times during her first Wii Zumba class! Made me feel a little better about looking like a flying monkey my first time. D

Hampton NY
Username hidden
(15 posts)
i could never do zumba. i cant dance and i would be knocking people over lol. i hear it is a good workout tho

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2062 posts)
I really wanted the Wii Zumba for Christmas. My husband got it for me and I hate it! It is so hard to follow and I can't seem to learn the steps. Just when I think I have a move, she switches to something completely different. She is supposed to turn green when you are doing it right. She turns green when you shake the remote vigorously. not much help. The comments on the internet say that I will learn eventually - I hope. D

Hampton NY
Username hidden
(15 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   21 to 26 of 26 
TOPIC: Curves or Zumba