Curves or Zumba : Swingers Discussion 1942451011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen TalkCurves or Zumba
TOPIC: Curves or Zumba
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 26   End
User Details are only visible to members.
We are here if you need us! Sed is a wealth of info.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5306 posts)
They are just bad news. Artificial sweeteners create the same hunger spikes as real sugar and are chemicals. Just use sugar if you must, but the key is to stop eating and drinking the foods that contain either, or limit them to occassional treats.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5306 posts)
True re South Beach. In any case, it is worth the read. What is his take on artificial sweetners? I cannot remember, and I think they are pure evil.

And the devil made you do it.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5306 posts)
Thanks - saw that one coming down the highway.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5306 posts)
Akron, I think South Beach is too restrictive for someone like Kind, although I do agree with a lot of the information, that carbs are a lot of the evil and not fat. My problem with any "diet" is the mentality that one is "on" a diet, which leads to cheating and being "off" a diet, which leads to guilt which leads to more cheating. I think weight loss is more successful for most people when an overall healthier eating plan is adopted for a lifetime.

I think Kind would do herself a favor to read the book, though; it has a lot of great info and recipes.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5306 posts)
Good idea, Carrie, until Kind gets used to portion control.

Kind, it is all about trying to keep your bloodsugar relatively level. Try to eat protein or fat in the AM rather than carbs - so the easiest thing is eggs - scramble two whole eggs and one white. Throw in some veggies and have that. If you eat dairy, you can add a little cottage cheese. Skip the toast, bagel or English muffin. When you get hungry in two or three hours, eat a few almond or walnuts.

I start most mornings with a protein shake(no comments, you two, if you are reading), I use almond or coconut milk, rice protein powder, half an avocado and frozen blue and raspberries. The avocado makes it smooth, gives you great fats, and the blueberries take out the taste.

I am not sure what your regular diet consists of, so the above may sound completely crazy. Email me, and we can talk about better transitioning for you if necessary.

Steel cut oats can be a good choice. They are slow-cook or can be soaked overnight.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5306 posts)
I never did the calorie counting thing. I tried but it just didn't work for me. Instead, I bought a kitchen scale and started weighing everything I ate. It wasn't long before I knew what a portion size looked like so I could start eyeballing it. Portion control combined with walking (5 days a week) lost me over 60lbs.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17966 posts)
Let us know how it goes, Kind! You know we are all rooting for you.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9109 posts)
Never call it a diet. Call it the way you are going to eat for the rest of your life. When you have hit your goal weight or size, you can eat a little more. Another thing I have discovered over the years is that if you can maintain a weight for 6 months to a year, your body will then want to stay at that weight. I might go up 5 lbs, but it is very hard for me to go beyond that. The other thing is that on e you drop a dress size, get rid of all your wardrobe in that size.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5306 posts)
I'll add my vote for reducing the numbers of foods with a high glycemic index. Just by taking out those foods (white pasta, white potatoes, white rice, etc.) and replacing them with a healthier choice, like whole wheat bread, yams, brown or wild rice or simply eliminating them, AND with increasing my exercise, I've managed to lose and keep off 10 lbs. over the last few months. For the first time in years I didn't gain any weight over the holidays. My exercise routine could be more, but I am consistent with using the exercise bike at home while watching a program I enjoy. Today I noticed the scale is showing a hair less weight, so I'm psyched!

If I don't have time or the ability some days to put in the full amount that I normally do, I find getting on the bike for even half the regular time, just to keep my mind and body in the routine, is very helpful.

The advice given already by others is wonderful. I love Peg's philosophy of eating in moderation and not penalizing yourself if you go off the diet. Just adjust in the days afterward, and you'll get back on your groove.

One last thing - remember the recovery slogan KISS? I like to be gentle with myself and say it's an anagram for Keep It Simple Sweetheart. This works here, too.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9109 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 26   End
TOPIC: Curves or Zumba