Birth Control : Swingers Discussion 47003
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen TalkBirth Control
TOPIC: Birth Control
Created by: gotbatteries The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 3 of 3 
User Details are only visible to members.
I know, I know. Men aren't supposed to post in this thread. But I just had to comment how interesting it is to see that women ARE concerned about pregnancy as well as STDs, especially since in another thread we men with vasectomies got badly berated for stating that we are "vas safe" in our profiles. We were accused of using that as a means of saying we wouldn't use condoms. Nothing could be further from the truth. We just know that condoms aren't perfect and that being "vas safe" means an extra degree of safety for women who are concerned about pregnancy.

Thanks for proving that it DOES matter to women, and is totally a separate issue from the condom issue.

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
After discussing our swing activities with my nurse practioner she recommended I go on the pill. Matt is surgically safe and we use condoms, but her warning to me was that condoms are really only about 60% effective because of the change for precum to be on the hands when the condom gets put on, chance of slippage, breakage, etc. So on the pill I went and as an added benefit my periods will be shorter, predictable, and not on the weekends! We all know that two cycles are like swinging suicide, so it's nice to eliminate one for planning around.

My first attempt at the pill again caused problems with my hormones and it just wasn't worth it to me, but I gave them a second shot with a different brand and haven't had too many problems this time. I was on Yasmine the first attempt and now take Ortho Tricycline Low.

It's nice to have that added reassurance for not only pregnancy protection but also period reliability when you're in this lifestyle.

Melisssa

Breckenridge MN
Username hidden
(111 posts)
I actually had the BC discussion with my doctor recently. We use condoms when we swap, but I don't feel comfortable relying solely on them for birth control. I have an IUD, which I had heard isn't a great idea for multiple partners, but in discussion with my doctorshe said that in conjunction with condom use, the risk of infection isn't really that much greater. I debated ditching it and going on the pill, but my last experience with the pill resulted in about 20 extra pounds pretty quickly, and since weight is a struggle for me, I'm not interested in going there again. My doc made me feel pretty comfortable with my current situation, so at this point, I'm sticking with my method. L.

Ithaca NY
Username hidden
(1611 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 3 of 3 
TOPIC: Birth Control