Belly dancers : Swingers Discussion 101701
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen TalkBelly dancers
TOPIC: Belly dancers
Created by: JohnandTina
Original Starting post for this thread:
Have any of you eaten at the Al Amir restaurant in Dallas? I heard on the radio that its a Labanese restaurant with belly dancers. We are interested in seeing belly dancers in action and not sure if this is the place to do it. If you know of any other place please let us know. Thanks

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 21   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I've always wanted to give that a try.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7477 posts)
I used to belly dance alot. I have not in a long while though. I don't know why really, I really loved it, it gave me a nice shape and I was pretty good at it. Maybe I'll pick it up again at some point

Username hidden
(23992 posts)
I was a belly dancer when I was 14 and had homemade costumes. I worked at the casba and I still have the sword That I danced with. I loved It, almost 40 yrs ago

Vallejo CA
Username hidden
(6 posts)
yeah I would prefer a live class too delina, just don't see me having the time for one right now. I will look into the dvd and see if I get Shimmy :) thanks!

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
hmmmm I have a dish, I live to far out for cable, but will check and see if we get that channel.

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
I would love to take belly dance classes.......there are a few good instructors around here but there is always the issue of time and of course money, never enough of either.

Delina do you know of a decent DVD for basics?

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
Well, in that case DeLina, you're very lucky. The women who do the voice overs for Shimmy explain each move and explain its difficulty. I would imagine that all things are relative. Frankly, I've found I get bored very quickly with things that are "easy". I prefer the challenge. Having things be "natural" usually means the bar hasn't been raised far enough, for me at least. :-) S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
As another side note, I've watched Mrs 2inVT's "teacher", and to say that what she does is "easy" really is minimizing the work she's put into it over the years. She's fascinating to watch (even with the "flying zils", lol). I've also watched the whole troupe perform, separately and together, and am amazed at the different sizes and shapes, as well as diffiering styles of every performer.

FitTV has a wonderful series called Shimmy. The only drawback is that every single woman that I've seen so far is NOT plump, by a long shot. In fact, I'm sure those women would slap the faces of anyone calling them "plump", pleasantly or not. lmao That show is also very good to watch if you want to see how difficult some of those dance moves really are (note I didn't say "all"). The women make them look incredibly easy, but without practice and concentration, I can only imagine how funny it would be. S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
thanks VT. I am excited. I really would like to see this live. I think it will be very interesting.

Lone Oak TX
Username hidden
(92 posts)
I appreciate all the posts but it doesnt answer my original post. Does anyone know of a place in Dallas to go to watch them dance, without it being a dance class? Thank you. Go back to posting about learning to dance. lol

Lone Oak TX
Username hidden
(92 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 21   End
TOPIC: Belly dancers