Anyone measured behind on their pregnacy : Swingers Discussion 208007
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen TalkAnyone measured behind on their pregnacy
TOPIC: Anyone measured behind on their pregnacy
Created by: savandwin
Original Starting post for this thread:
My daughter is into her 30th week and the doctor ordered yet another ultrasound . She has gained only 1 pound this last month and is measuring at 28 weeks instead of 30. She has already had 2 ultrasounds so they don't think the date of conception is really in question.

She is a little thing about 5'5 and 112 non pregnant but has also only gained 12 lbs. She was also a vegetarian since she was 13 and has only recently started eating meat and still not much beyond chicken occasionally. I'm not sure if that is a factor as she has always been extremely healthy.

Trying not to worried , she isn't scheduled until Thursday for the ultrasound . I just had 4 of my own and never experienced this issue.

Anyone ?

Mrs Sav

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Thank you for the information, it is appreciated. So far she is doing good and they don't seem too concerned.As you mentioned they will be watching her much closer. Monday she sees them again and hopefully she will be on track both in her measurements and the babies.

Thank you again,

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5501 posts)
Mrs. Sav,

This happens to be along my area of specialty. To lighten your load of fears, let me first volunteer that SONOs can be off by even over a pound, and the farther into the gestational period, the more this is possible. Remember: it's an ESTIMATED fetal weight. Also, your daughter being a vegetarian shouldn't be a problem. Healthy vegetarians give birth to healthy babies all the time. That being said, however, they will monitor her pregnancy closer from this point, also getting a good SONO of the placenta, to make sure it isn't calcifying faster than needed. And her blood pressure will be watched, since elevated blood pressure restricts the ability for the blood vessels in the placenta to 'hand off' vital nutrients to the baby.

IF the trend seems to be that the baby gets progressively lower on the percentiles, they might recommend an earlier induction of labor, with the theory that the baby will grow better out here. They will carefully weigh the risks versus benefits, though, before recommending that.

Try not to worry and let us know how things turn out! Your daughter's little blessing will be here soon, either way!

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(465 posts)
A baby boy and yes I am terribly excited. This will be only my second grandson lol. Thanks ya'll for the kind words and support . Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5501 posts)
SED, She is tired all the time, to be expected but they changed her vitamins and are giving her extra Iron, she blood sugar is a bit low so they're watching her closely, Overall NORMAL and no true concerns . This is her 4th ultra sound and I guess we wait and see.

LOU, thank you so much for sharing that info , It does make me feel better to know someone had average weight babies and they were healthy in spite of the measurements. I KNOW I am probably just feeling neurotic and it is soo unlike me but I feel stressed none the less lol.

I simply never knew anyone who measured "wrong" lol

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5501 posts)
Mrs Sav-- I have had three children and never gained 1 pound with them instead I lost 30 pounds with them and never measured where I should.. My 1st and 3rd were on time and weighed 7lbs 8ozs. and 8lbs 5ozs. The second child was born at 35 weeks and killed me having all 9 lbs 23.5 inches of him.

Sending you and your daughter positive energy and prayers..

Columbus OH
Username hidden
(1004 posts)
Don't worry lady, she's at the 30 week mark.

How is she feeling overall though?

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16784 posts)
Thanks SED , I truly am trying not to worry. You know I NEVER bring my personal life to the forums but in this case I have to hide my fears so she doesn't sense them and worry more and thus say nothing to no one . I have never been a worry wart in my life but this pregnancy is going to kill me yet lol. It must be a mother /daughter thing as I never worried about my daughter in law during her pregnancy or maybe she never gave me reason too. She was healthy and doing great and than boom went into delivery 2 1/2 months early .....maybe that is where my fear comes from . ONCE WAS ENOUGH and now I'm paranoid lol

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5501 posts)
p.s. though the mother's weight gain slows down, the child's biggest growth spurt is now until the delivery.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16784 posts)
If you recall, as the pregnancy progresses, we gain less and less. We gain the bulk in the first 26 weeks or so, then it slows down.

Your daughter is a small girl, so one pound sounds just about right for her, after the initial 12lb gain.

My first pregnancy was high risk (granted it was 20 years ago). I was getting an ultra sound every month.

With the second child (almost 13 years ago), I've gotten 3 ultra sounds.

My sister who delivered 6 years ago, though not a high risk pregnancy was sent for an ultra sound 5 times during the pregnancy.

I wouldn't worry if I were you.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16784 posts)
Thanks Kind...I did look it up. Could be nothing , could be lack of amniotic fluid, failure to thrive or just in a tight fetal position or just a small baby. I was hoping someone had some experience with this lol.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5501 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
TOPIC: Anyone measured behind on their pregnacy