Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Women Talk Anyone ever try the NUVA-RING
TOPIC: Anyone ever try the NUVA-RING
Created by: woman The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 25   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Woman:

I'm willing to help you do a study...

Evil wink.

Mischief

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Regarding antibiotics. There is one study that describes no interaction. The interaction I'm thinking about occurs during something called enterohepatic circulation. I would still use a condom especially if I get break through bleeding. Better safe than sorry.

Mischief

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Clears

What makes you think it's not affected by

antibiotics? My cursory thought on it? It's no different than the pill. I can and will look for sure. Understanding the mechanism of the interaction causes me to believe it's just as vulnerable.

Mischief

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
jgcm......are you a smoker? i had terrible leg cramps when i was on the regular pill....been on the mini pill, over 35 and a smoker, and no leg cramps....something to look into...renee

Coleman TX
Username hidden
(202 posts)
"I must have looked at the damn thing for a week before I got the nerve to try it."

LOL, it took me a couple months!

Wheatland CA
Username hidden
(1123 posts)
Well, I'm on day 10 on having this thing in there and I've noticed I am eating more, more often but this should probably go away as it did with the depo. It's unaffected by most anti-biotics (which is a biggie because I constanly get UTIs). Also, I have a small amount of discharge which is completely unusual for me. I still haven't had sex since I started (hubby's away) but after you put it in you really can't feel it but sometimes I'll focus and imagine the enomous circular spring I have in there; it's very odd.

Wheatland CA
Username hidden
(1123 posts)
LOL Ain't that the truth... Which is why it always stumped me as to why insurance companies will pay for maternity costs, delivery and pediatrician visits but not birth control!

Ephrata PA
Username hidden
(4 posts)
Although. of course, it costs less than babies :)

Wilmington DE
Username hidden
(1094 posts)
No problem :) It is a pain if you're not covered, fortunately our insurance got off their butts and they cover at least part of it now. The Access card is great if you can get it too, but in Pennsylvania at least you have to be below a certain income level. It might be possible to get it at Planned Parenthood too, I don't know if they carry the ring or not but their prices are better than normal. And yes, someone *is* making some serious money! The more convenient it is the more they want to charge you!

Brandy

Ephrata PA
Username hidden
(4 posts)
This is my first post, but figured I'd pop in my 2 cents on the topic :) I've been on the Nuvaring for about... 5 months now. I had a bit of an issue with migraines my first month, but they never came back after I put a new one in for the second month. I absolutely cannot feel this thing... It's flexible, not hard and it really does stay in there. I did have it fall out once, but it was after an extremely extended and rough session with my husband. It fell out and I didn't realize it until a couple days later when I got my period early, then I went looking and found it on the bedroom floor :P But we go at it almost every night, and since then no problems, of course i remember to check it now if things get rough :) He says he can feel it but it doesn't bother him, and the two other guys I've played with since I got it didn't mind it either. As for hormonal side effects, they vary with everyone no matter what you're on. I haven't broken out, no weight gain, nothing except the migraines and those quit. I personally love the thing. I love not having to worry about forgetting the pill! The *only* issue I have with it is the cost... My insurance, up until the start of this year, didn't cover birth control and it's about $49 a pop for one of these. Depending on your insurance that will vary, of course!

Ephrata PA
Username hidden
(4 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 25   End
TOPIC: Anyone ever try the NUVA-RING