Anyone ever try the IUD : Swingers Discussion 53016
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen TalkAnyone ever try the IUD
TOPIC: Anyone ever try the IUD
Created by: Lansingareacouple The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
User Details are only visible to members.
Use to have one several years back... it got "stuck" in the uterus wall and they had to perform TWO surgeries trying to get it removed. Apparently my uterus was trying to absorb the foreign object. The first time I went to the hospital..they put me under... woke up and said the couldn't find it.... so they had to go back a second time and finally got it... had them tie my tubes during the second operation!!!

Battle Ground WA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
"I can't recommend them to a multipartnered woman who wants to maintain her fertility. One bout of PID can easily make you sterile. Does this MD KNOW about your social life?"

I agree, Mischief, that's why I made sure I mentioned that in my post- I'm done with having kids, so the risk isn't as much of an issue for me regarding sterility. I was pretty open with my doctor about having multiple partners, and I STRONGLY suggest anyone considering an IUD do the same.

L.

Ithaca NY
Username hidden
(1611 posts)
The reason for NO multiple partner with an IUD? Increased risk of pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) if an infection does develop.

The string disturbs the cervical mucus plug that acts as a protector for asending infections.

Multiple=more than one.

Like most things, it fits some but not others.

I can't recommend them to a multipartnered woman who wants to maintain her fertility. One bout of PID can easily make you sterile. Does this MD KNOW about your social life?

I loved the pill. I then switched to sterilization. That's the real ticket.

Mischief.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
I have a Mirena IUD. It's a different kind of IUD than the old-school ones, and it works by preventing fertilization as well as preventing implantation in the event that fertiilzation occurs anyway. It's not quite the same as a "very early abortion". Google Mirena and find out more about that there.

There is a disclaimer about not using the IUD if you have multiple partners. That's because of higher risk of infection as well as the fact that the IUD does not prevent transmission of STD's. I spoke with my doctor in depth about this, and she felt confident that since we also use condoms with other partners, the IUD didn't pose a significantly increased risk. The additional factor we considered was that I'm done having kids, so even if I did end up with an infection that could impact fertility, it wouldn't be devastating for me. If I were considering more children, I might have hesitated to use the IUD.

As for periods, I was told that the likelihood was that I'd stop having them. Well, no such luck for me. I still get them, every 3-4 weeks. They're much lighter than they used to be, although I never had very heavy ones anyway, but they last forEVER. Sometimes I have spotting up to 10 days. This, my friends, is a huge bummer. Huge enough that I'm considering switching to the Pill instead. I've had my Mirena for 3 years, may get it removed before the 5th just for that reason. Otherwise, I've loved having it- totally worry-free, hassle free for me.

I do have a friend who had a uterine perforation from hers, so there ARE risks to them. Talk to your doctor in great detail about your needs and worries.

L.

Ithaca NY
Username hidden
(1611 posts)
I had an IUD several years ago, the CU-7...not to be confused with a new car or something. The part that hung out of my cervix was the copper wire. It jabbed the hell out of hubby. I had awful cramps, however, my periods were regular. It didn't hurt to have it put in place or removed. When all the lawsuits were popping up, my Dr. snatched it out so fast I didn't have a chance to complain. The thing definitely worked except for the jabbing pain hubby had. mrs bt

Lancaster PA
Username hidden
(544 posts)
Just some info as well, this IUD's use of "controlling" a pregnancy is that it's effective part is made of copper. Which will emit its properties in small, continuous doses. This metal kills sperm instantly. The amount of copper is very small, which over time breaks down its properties and isnt effective any longer. Some newer IUD's are made of special plastic with hormones in it and they are the ones I would stay away from. Not any more effective than the pill, shots, nuva rings, etc. I cannot use the new ones due to the hormone factor. If requested, you can still get the T-Guard ~ its about $500-$600 including insertion and can remain in for up to 10 years.

Lancaster PA
Username hidden
(2416 posts)
Ive had my second T'Guard in for 5 years, 12 years total. I am one of the lucky ones I guess. Never hurt going in, coming out or going back in again. Ive had several large men, and the only thing is they complained of a little pinch if they went in to deep. I would think, if you are a smaller girl, especially uterus wise, then I would reconsider another method.

Have had irregular periods, and some minor cramping every three or so. I think it was well worth it for me.

Lancaster PA
Username hidden
(2416 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
TOPIC: Anyone ever try the IUD