Help
FORUMS › Successful Swinging › Achieving Single Male Success › Why is it the single males chicken out
TOPIC: Why_is_it_the_single_males_chicken_out
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 56  Next »
31 to 40 of 555
User Details are only visible to members.
"Perhaps the site would allow someone to "report" that a profile was a no-show."

This idea has been floated many times but the problem is, too many might use it as retribution for getting rejected or even just a forum dispute.

We've all had people reach out and when we politely decline to meet them, they ask why or turn nasty. IF there was a way for them to "rate" or report us as "no-shows", no doubt there would be some who were butt hurt enough to do it.

~S~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(5708 posts)
Not only the same picture, but recently the same opening paragraph word-for-word! Thank goodness for BLOCK!

Lincoln RI
Username hidden
(27 posts)
Regarding the "negative cert". Perhaps the site would allow someone to "report" that a profile was a no-show. That report would not be posted publicly, but after X number of reports, the profile was warned then deactivated. Sure someone could just start a new profile, but most of the doors that do this kind of thing are also the kind that would do us the favor of using the same pictures when they start a new profile, and could be recognized.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(174 posts)
Reading between the lines in certs:

1. Let's see, one cert each year, and oh darn each cert-source is no longer active. Like a list of employers no longer in business.

2. Certs that play up only one aspect of the person, the ones that are like job reviews? "He does know how to show up for work when he wants to".

One can very politely diss damaged goods, but then the goods can also pull the cert when they realize it is salted.

In our case, the ones that fade before a meet are the ones that would fade during a hasty meet. As attested repeatedly below, finding a keeper is a lot of work. We have had success in the past, and feel it is better to have faded and lost than having just lost.

If it were easy, these fora would be nearly empty. On the other hand, the interest level here is a decent indicator of probability. Slowly trying to woo one SM into the covers, knowing full well that despite our profile we might come across as mere tease. 'Taint so, but the guy won't know that for sure until his socks get blown off.

Lincoln RI
Username hidden
(27 posts)
"it sure would be nice to be able to give the truth about some of these clowns at times."

Sort of like a trip advisors review.....where reviewers could leave a review and the reviewee could offer a rebuttal of why they were called a: (Pick one) asshole, no-show, imposter(old pictures) or fake profile.

Mrs. Uriah

Memphis TN
Username hidden
(5925 posts)
@RonKathy: I couldn't agree more.

@LivinLifeInWI: I agree with you also on the *candid* cert issue. It's been said many times, but in my humble view, the helpfulness of certs is reduced by only allowing the positive.

I understand that this could be abused by someone with a "chip on their shoulder," and I also don't know how it could be controlled.

However, though I know it will not change, it sure would be nice to be able to give the truth about some of these clowns at times.

Tramp

Alpharetta GA
Username hidden
(5724 posts)
Well last night was the first time we were stood up by anyone from here. We have had a SM chicken out and call us at least a couple days in advance but last night was a no show and no message. We had been chatting here and also using the kik app. Well he wanted to get together we set up a time, date and location that would work for everyone. He actually picked the place and time. Last we chatted was Friday and he said how much he was looking forward to last night. We we showed up and he was a no show. Didn't answer kik messages. We looked at SLS while we were at the restaurant and he was on. He is on again today. We usually can read people pretty well but got burned on this one. The mrs has just started enjoying SM's and now she is a bit turned off. Sure wish there was a black list that we all could put these fakes or whatever they are on so we don't waste out time.

Colgate WI
Username hidden
(8 posts)
I went through a bunch of the replies to this post but still very confused. Why would a sm go through the trouble of setting up an account, pursue a particular couple or sf, message back and forth, set a time to meet, and then back out at the last second? People have offered a bunch of explanations on this thread but only one make sense or is anywhere realistic to me: The reason sm don't show up at last second is because they have physiological or mental issues. Period.

In my experience (not alot but enough), some people on here are just mentally not ok

David

Phoenix AZ
Username hidden
(1 post)
Memorex guy, are you serious, dood?

You have zero photos and one incomplete sentence in your entire profile. Do you seriously need to be told why mo one writes or replies?

Tramp

Alpharetta GA
Username hidden
(5724 posts)
Here in the Twin Cities, its rough for a single guy. I am more than willing to get together with couples. No one asks and no one answeres my emails.

Burnsville MN
Username hidden
(5 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 56  Next »
31 to 40 of 555
TOPIC: Why is it the single males chicken out
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.