Why do they think it's a dating site : Swingers Discussion 562871021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSwinging SingleWhy do they think it's a dating site
TOPIC: Why do they think it's a dating site
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   21 to 30 of 37   End
User Details are only visible to members.
To me, the answer to the original query is very obvious, and several of the women on here have already said it:

If an individual (of either sex) knows they only want a relationship within the lifestyle, what better place to look than singles already within the lifestyle? That's a no-brainer, right? You're already going to speak the same language. You may not have the same things to say, but you can understand one another.

Not that it can't be found with someone from a vanilla dating site, but it's going to involve a lot more of a culling process there.

When I first got on a vanilla dating website, I read through a bunch of profiles of both sexes before deciding what to write in my own profile. By and large, here's what I found (paraphrasing added by me):

Women: Looking for Prince Charming, with white horse, and a glass slipper in just my size.

Men: I'm Prince Charming, and I've got a glass slipper in just your size

The amount of bullshit was palpable! And when I read the women's profiles, it seemed like a huge indictment of our culture, that even well into adulthood, and after a marriage or two, most women still had this vastly overromanticised vision of what relationships are all about, with a huge chasm between that vision and relationship reality.

The women on here and within the lifestyle in general are much more on the same wavelength, not to mention planet, as myself.

Why spend time with kindergarten kids, when you can have a Rhodes Scholar?

Port Orange FL
Username hidden
(54 posts)
Gentleman-slut-dog-partner is rarer than a unicorn.

Good luck looking. My favorite Gentleman-dog just moved to Florida last month. I hope he comes back to town soon.

sigh.

Mischief

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Gentleman-slut-dog-partner, that 's a good title for the job description, LOL.

Just want to add that of course swinging is *primarily* a couple thing and gets its core identity from couples who play openly with others. Singles are a much bigger presence than when i started, but a room full of singles wouldn't feel like a swingers' party to me.

Springfield VA
Username hidden
(273 posts)
If I was looking for a gentleman-slut-dog partner, I would be perving all the swing and BDSM sites. Mostly, I would be hitting clubs and parties.

My resume' isn't the kind of thing a straight, monogamous, possessive, male wants the hear. I have found all but one of my perv partners in swing clubs. Hell, I met my husband (of 21 years) at a sex party.

I can see it now. "I really enjoy your company. I would like to continue to get to know you. I need to let you know.... you are NOT the only one...gasp. I have a female life partner, several non-local gentleman partners. However, I would really enjoy getting to know you better." yada, yada.

Then comes the thousand questions...Just like Flirtyways said. Can I do your gf? You go to parties and do WHAT? You have bruises and you LIKE THEM? You don't come home every night!$*! You want to play separate while I'm at home?$%#^?

The list goes on. They are out there. I know. I've found them. Quality, male, gentlemen, dogs, who know how to "hold on loosely but not let go."

Mischief (nose to ground looking for more)

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Flirtyways,

Thanks for staying non-judgemental. I hope you don't think I'm trying to disrespect you, or any other single or couple on this site; I'm not.

The question that you asked, I think, is, "does the term 'swinging' apply mainly to coulples." As I thought about it, I had to say, "yes." My thoughts are complete in the other forum.

That does *not* mean that you are not swinging, or that you wouldn't be welcome in swinging. It's just a term, nothing more.

If you are having fun, I say go ahead and do it. You're not a bad person, it doesn't make you a good person, you're just a person that's doing something. I really don't care what you call it.

I wish you the best!

Shadyside PA
Username hidden
(319 posts)
Flirties, you've raised an issue that is very interesting, but (IMHO) goes beyond this forum. So I've created a topic in the Open Forum entitled 'What Is Swinging.'

You can see my (hopefully very respectful) thoughts over there.

Shadyside PA
Username hidden
(319 posts)
Flirtyways-

I just act naturally, ignore the "couples" mentality completely, and I have more swing friends than I can handle. The nice thing is that they come to me.

Memphis TN
Username hidden
(3717 posts)
"Isn't there swinging amongst singles, swinging that doesn't involve couples?"

But once they are "coupled," aren't they a couple?

Jim (being a smartass just for the fun of it)

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
No, of course it isn't. There are too many couples who are willing to meet singles of both sexes for threesomes.

Do you think it is?

Shadyside PA
Username hidden
(319 posts)
Entirely, I appreciate your situation.

The point I was trying to make is that there are a lot of newbie single males who sign up for a free profile and say they just want to meet a girl. Of course, all they want to do is get it on with her, they either couldn't care less that she's got a husband, or (I suspect) if she suggested that her husband got in on the fun, he'd think it was perverted.

Those people have no idea of what swinging is, and they are usually gone after their month's free profile has expired. (Single males only get one month free profile; single women and couples stay on forever.)

Shadyside PA
Username hidden
(319 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   21 to 30 of 37   End
TOPIC: Why do they think it's a dating site