Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Swinging Single › Unread Mail
TOPIC: Unread_Mail
Created by: v3sum The original post for this thread was deleted.
1  2  3  Next »
1 to 10 of 27
User Details are only visible to members.
Gosh PG a full year on this site and I did not know that - its true, you learn something new every day.

Thanks

Clemmons NC
Username hidden
(2839 posts)
Ah, OK, thanks for the clarification, you two. Now I don't know whether to be relieved or even more disheartened (LOL!), as there was nothing in any way indecent or offensive in any of my previous correspondences - maybe that was the problem ;) Oh, well, such is life... at least now I guess I don't have to wonder if my messages were, in fact, actually even being delivered.

Cheers!

Username hidden
(2 posts)
actually the most common way is just to click display detail on the email, voila you can read it without opening. You can also respond that way without opening it since it does give you a reply option.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(20967 posts)
OneWith first, welcome to the forums.

Not sure if it was mentioned below so I will post here in case you do not know a little work-around with e-mail. There are two ways people can read their messages without it showing as "READ." Those are, have SLS e-mail sent directly to their personal e-mail - they never have to even log into SLS to see it. They can also click on the envelope beside your name and read the e-mail, again without actually ever opening it.

There may be a third workaround with the mobile app but I am not 100% sure about that. As for why they might read and not respond....the reasons are as diverse as the SLS population.

Clemmons NC
Username hidden
(2839 posts)
I clicked on this thread because the title was "Unread messages." I see most of the responses stating that couples, SF's... (anyone really) are under no obligation to respond to any messages they receive. I get that - and I agree - people shouldn't feel obliged to respond to every message in their box.

Where I have to wonder what's happening is when I respond (promptly and courteously) to someone who has written to me and then I don't hear back. So then I go to my Mailbox and look in my Sent Messages folder and it indicates that my message was never even read (marked "Unread") by the person who just (sometimes mere minutes before) wrote to me. It makes me wonder whether there's something wrong with the system's email server; did they not get my reply and now think I'm the jerk? Frustrating.

Username hidden
(2 posts)
Lurk, we would IF we could...lol

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Destin, you mean you don't have your options set to block messages from single men posing as couples?

;^)

Willingboro NJ
Username hidden
(9310 posts)
Jello, we still get the ones listed as couples faking it..IM off, block single guys and no free members!

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
We have done 2 really simple things so that we do not get e-mail/contact from unwanteds. First our IM is off (for many reasons, one it crashes the computer, 2 we do not have any communication without the other) and second, we are invisible to singles males and free members. Poof, no more unwanted single males contacting us!

Fuquay Varina NC
Username hidden
(207 posts)
Typical email I just got a few minutes ago...1 word "cute"...now how would you respond to that? We do not think it deserves a response.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
1  2  3  Next »
1 to 10 of 27
TOPIC: Unread Mail
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.