Travelling single male : Swingers Discussion 212035
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuccessful SwingingAchieving Single Male SuccessTravelling single male
TOPIC: Travelling single male
Created by: toptim100
Original Starting post for this thread:
My job requires that I travel a lot for work. In fact, I'm hardly ever home. I case you're wondering, I'm not a trucker or "travelling salesman." If you've ever seen the George Clooney film "Up in the Air" it kind of describes my life. As a result, it makes it impossible for me to maintain a relationship with a partner.

While I'm out on the road, I like to meet single women and couples. Not just for sex, but also to meet new friends. I still keep in touch with several of the people I've met on the road.

I'm not sure how to approach single women or couples within the lifestyle, especially since I might only be in town for a few days, possibly a week or two. Many single women and couples aren't interested in meeting people short-term or they block single males entirely.

Does anyone have any advice for a travelling single male on how to approach couples or single women in the lifestyle?

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 16   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I travel some for business as well, and mention the main areas right on my profile. I've tried posting in Hot Dates in advance. I haven't generally changed my profile's location, but maybe should try that. As far as results, the vast majority of times my profile gets viewed a lot, but I don't get responses very often. I've also searched the area and written to people who seemed like a good match to me. Generally when I've gotten responses (either to an e-mail or to a Hot Date posting), they have been high-quality people. Some who would like to meet, but can't that trip, are able to meet on a later trip.

Little Creek DE
Username hidden
(16 posts)
Im traveling to Pensacola Wednesday and leaving by 4 Thursday if that is a convenient time for anyone

Columbus MS
Username hidden
(17 posts)
Thread moved here from Swinging Single

Long Island City NY
Username hidden
(12128 posts)
Speaking of travelling, I am going to be in Knoxville, TN on the evening of 12/20/12 in a hotel near the airport, if anyone is interested. I've posted a HOT DATE for this, too.

Kingsport TN
Username hidden
(151 posts)
I have my share of hits and misses (Mrs.) LOL.

When travelling, I try to reach out to people in the area at least a week before I'll be there. I also change my location on my profile so that locals can find me as well.

It's interesting that some people don't like travellers because they want to have regular meetings while others do like travellers because they don't have to worry about bumping into them in public. I keep in email/text/phone contact with different women I've met in different cities. We keep in contact with each other until I come back to town.

Unfortunately for me, my schedule is totally random. I usually only know where I'm going a few weeks, possibly a month, in advance. And I don't get to choose where I go. I just go where they send me. Granted, I do tend to visit some cities more often than others but I can never guarantee when I'm going to return to a particular area.

North Syracuse NY
Username hidden
(3625 posts)
I kind of have a similar situation in that I have a busy work schedule and travel, but not to the extent you do. It seems like people are kind of on the track I'll recommend, but I'll clarify here. My recommendation is to identify a few cities you travel to often and build bridges there. You said you travel to DC/Balt somewhat regularly. I'd recommend finding a couple of cities you find you travel to at least 4-5 times per year for at least a couple of days. Move your profile to those cities a couple of weeks before hand and send messages to a couple of members being very clear about your schedule and your goals. Like you've found, most members aren't interested in travelers for obvious reasons. However, I have found many that are looking for someone who's around every so often. It helps with discreetness and some couples simply can't meet all that often. One thing I've done is to suggest a simple meeting for drinks the first time you're in town. No expectations for that trip - simply get to know one another. Once you find a member who shows some interest, FOLLOW UP! Stay in touch, but don't be overbearing. Send a message every couple of weeks letting them know when you expect to return so they can watch their schedules too.

Being a SM on here can be tough, but traveling just makes it tougher. That's not to say you can't still be successful... trust me :)

Brandywine MD
Username hidden
(9 posts)
LadyGodiva4u, I hear that from some people and I completely understand it. I'd prefer something long term as well. My travel schedule is erratic and unpredictable so it makes it difficult to have any real stability. I do visit some cities more frequently than others, but it's entirelly based on where my client needs me to go at the time.

North Syracuse NY
Username hidden
(3625 posts)
Glad to hear you are getting some emails already.

I don't usually meet guys visiting in town for the week, just because I'd like something long term. So if you say something in your email that you visit monthly or quarterly, I'd be more likely to make a date with you.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(100 posts)
Wow. I've only been on the site for a couple of weeks but I've already had quite a few people reach out to me already. I think I may like this place.

FYI, I'm driving from Memphis to South Florida next week. On Monday, November 26, I'll drive to some arbitrary stopping point midway and on Tuesday, November 27, I'll drive the rest of the way to Miami. I'll be there until the weekend. I'm considering either staying in Miami for the weekend or driving down to Key West for the weekend. The following week I'll be back in Miami, before driving home. I'll find a midway point on Thursday, December 6 before driving the remainder home.

So, is there anyone on this board from Florida who can recommend a good midway point in my journey to South Florida?

For that matter, which would you choose for the weekend? Miami or Key West?

North Syracuse NY
Username hidden
(3625 posts)
TopTim - Wife swinging without knowledge and blessing of Mr. is just as much cheating as the other way around.

But that's just me.

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 16   End
TOPIC: Travelling single male