Swinging v-s Swapping : Swingers Discussion 1183821011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSwinging SingleSwinging v-s Swapping
TOPIC: Swinging v-s Swapping
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 16 of 16 
User Details are only visible to members.
You can probably find all kinds of "rules" for swinging, swapping, whatever you want to call it, and they're probably all different, and who's to say who's are right or wrong? Everyone has a slightly different view on what swinging is to them. And just who is making up all these "rules" The Swing police? WTF

Lets go to basic human rights and see if they apply to "swinging"

I have the right to choose my own lifestyles as long as I don't violate the rights of others.

I have the right to choose with whom I spend my time and with whom I share my body.

I have the right to say "no" and to set limits and boundaries without feeling guilty

I have the right to have my boundaries respected.

I have the right to set my own priorities.

I have the right to express my opinions if I choose to do so in a respectful way.

Niagara Falls NY
Username hidden
(1262 posts)
"What difference does it make what is written about what swinging or swapping truly is...I don't think it matters what the "definitions" of swinging or swapping are. "

It doesn't really matter the definition, as much as the attitude of it. Everyone is entitled to their own definition of how it works, but the problem is that some people think THEIR definition is the end all be all of how it should be.

Like the comment that was made earlier said, no one group of individuals has the market on recreational sex. If a couple or group wants to say that singles aren't for them, they are only into partner swapping with other couples, that's fine, just don't try to enforce that as the law to all, like some do. The same goes for those individuals in a couple that say, "you got to play with mine, so I get to play with yours".

I guess my bottom line is, EVERYONE is an adult in this and has their own choice and shouldn't be forced to conform to a status just because it's the way some believe it should be.

Union Grove NC
Username hidden
(954 posts)
“My question is, is what we have no truly swinging or purely swapping?”

What “we” (I assume you mean singles and couples alike lol) have is swinging. After all, since when did couples hijack recreational sex? LOL! Now, to address purely the defining of words, then I would say that if you are a couple who only full swaps with other full swap couples then they may term it “swapping”.

St George UT
Username hidden
(2113 posts)
What difference does it make what is written about what swinging or swapping truly is. "Swing" lifestyle is different for all couples. You agree that:

You really want this lifestyle. Establish boundaries that both agree upon. Respect your SO's comfort level. And foremost have fun.

I don't think it matters what the "definitions" of swinging or swapping are. It only matters that what ever it is you're doing is agreeable and enjoyable for both of you as a couple. IMO

Niagara Falls NY
Username hidden
(1262 posts)
Too deep for me. lol

Lansing MI
Username hidden
(1624 posts)
Ok, I've checked out several different websites regarding this topic, and the basic consensus is that swinging is "non-monogamous sexual activity conducted between concenting adults". As we all know (or all should know) typically is is accepted that one rule of swinging is no cheating or no activities without the knowledge of one's spouce. Swinging has been around for a long time and during that time the rules and acceptances within it have changed as the times have. My question is, is what we have no truly swinging or purely swapping? No where in that definition does it say that swinging in non-monogamous sexual activity between concenting COUPLES. That seems to be the mindset of some people in the lifestyle though, and that's fine if it works for them and I believe they have the right to their beliefs, the problem is when they attempt to force that belief as the law. If what we have now is truely swapping, instead of swinging, then by that definition, every time someone plays with someone else, then the cooresponding mates have to play with one another. No wait...we can't have that, because maybe one half of one couple isn't attracted to the opposite sex member of the other couple. What happens if the two members of the same sex from two different couples have sex? Both of those scenarios wouldn't work under this definition of what the lifestyle is supposed to be. In that definition there is no place for anything between members of the same sex or singles at all (be it males or females). Just something to think about...

Michael

Union Grove NC
Username hidden
(954 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 16 of 16 
TOPIC: Swinging v-s Swapping