Over-Swinging Single Mother : Swingers Discussion 68609
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSwinging SingleOver-Swinging Single Mother
TOPIC: Over-Swinging Single Mother
Created by: AkronFunTimes The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 19   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I guess I'm not clear what's part or to the extent the neglect is going on.

A single parent generally has much more responsibilities than two parent children. There's nobody there to pick up the slack or to cover but that parent. Sometimes it can be a real drain on a person's resources, emotional and otherwise.

I hardly see how taking a few hours away a week from caring for that child is going to do irrevocable damage. What the parent is doing during the time away is irrelevant as long as the child is safe and mature enough to be left home alone.

Too often women especially give and give and don't take the time to care for their own needs. (not necessarily sexual needs). A few hours to do something for herself may just be what helps her to to be more present and a better mother when she returns. What she does when the child is at daddy's is her business, but if the child never goes anywhere and she's the only one who watches him.. all the more reason she may need to get away for a bit.

That said, leaving any child night after night home alone days on end is NOT the same thing as giving yourself personal time away to recharge.

PJ

Tulsa OK
Username hidden
(344 posts)
Wow, I feel bad when I leave my 11 and 8 year old at home to go out to a girls weekend with thier aunts, and I leave them with my 18 year old daughter. You would think she could pull her head out of her *(&^ and take care of her child.. amazing how parents can drop their kids and become totally self absorbed.

Spring TX
Username hidden
(2216 posts)
Irish go to NY dot govand look up child care. Office of Children & Family Services

when our oldest child was younger they took the course at 11, but was not legally able to sit until she was 12, and further we could not legally leave her w/ her own sibling until the oldest was 13. this also by the way coincides witht he fact that we are no longer able to recieve the child care credit in NYS after they child is over age 12 just as with the IRS.

you would be amazed at what types of regulations are involved in child care. thank god we are past that part, except for the yearly deduction for our taxes but even that will be going bye bye soon , will have to find a new way to defer the tax man then

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9692 posts)
"in NY the legal age to leave a child un supervised is unbelievablly the age of 13."

Where is that information? Our daughter was able to take babysitting classes at the age of 11 from the Red Cross.

-s

Rochester NY
Username hidden
(10343 posts)
and I am not trying to make it sound like the comparison of the child and money are the same but both tend to be personal issues that some take to heart

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9692 posts)
well for those who fall in that category I feel for them, but I feel and it is just my opinion I would stay out of it, your mrs may lose a freind who may be unsulted by such relevation , may call you jealous, but that is your decision to make .

one could be making assumptions. to the fact that this person parties and leaves the kid/ kids alone. and the frequency .sometimes 1+1 does not equal 2

we have found the same with people we know who cry the blues about the money they are spending , to go out every weekend , and cant pay the bills etc. we one time spoke up to advise and we were shocked at the response. the bottom line it wasnt our place. we just listen and nod and move on. so long as you see no outward sign of neglect . but that is our opinion enjoy and let everyone know how you make out.

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9692 posts)
that wasnt my point , but that may be the assumption .

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9692 posts)
after reading this post from front to back or bottom to top, maybe those who spend so much time on here should also be spoken to, for possibly neglecting thier children, jobs, etc . for one could only assume that by being here they are not providing enough time in those areas.

in NY the legal age to leave a child un supervised is unbelievablly the age of 13. now that being said is it smart IMO no, but I alos believe that an adult parent should be allowed to parent , unless there are obvious signs of neglect or abuse I would MMOB, for how would everyone who says to adress this feel if somone decided to well speak to you for doing this or for being online so much . these people could not be caring for thier kids either.

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9692 posts)
And thank you Akron, now let's fuck Poly

:)

Edison NJ
Username hidden
(53 posts)
I am not one to personally share my real life experiences especially on a swing site. Not me. However I felt that based on Akron's experience, I thought it was appropriate to share what happened and the " what if" in my personal situation with Gabrielle. In hindsight, I wish I did stick my big nose in her business. Perhaps I would have saved a life. The sacrifice of losing her friendship would have made me sad, however, well worth it when you look at the long-term outcome.

Someone asked how the Mother turned out. We buried her NYE 2005. The despair was overwhelming. The older sister is currently seeking her Master's in NYU and thriving in life.

R-----

Edison NJ
Username hidden
(53 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 19   End
TOPIC: Over-Swinging Single Mother