Not just in the swinging community : Swingers Discussion 215773
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSwinging SingleNot just in the swinging community
TOPIC: Not just in the swinging community
Created by: sharp_guy
Original Starting post for this thread:
I think single males have it tough not just in this community, but almost all online dating. For example, I've used quite a few different dating sites looking for a relationship. Total profile views on all those combined: about 320. Total number who have reached out to me first: 4. And 1 of those resulted in a date, which didn't go well.

The only relationship I've gotten from the online community has been from a Craigslist ad, which resulting in a two-month relationship. It really doesn't pay to be passive at all. Even the massive number of emails I've sent, probably less than 10% bother to reply at all. But I think the chances are better if you're proactive rather than waiting.

I think that amongst all the dating sites, the males vastly outnumber the females. It's a wonder people get together at all. For example, in my area, if you check out the Casual Encounters section of Craigslist, the Men seeking Women outnumber Women seeking Men by about 20 to 1.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
User Details are only visible to members.
Single males do really have a hard time and I do agree! Being passive doesn't help, but being active only increases the chances by a mere 2-3%!

I have contacted many couples/single females. most of them don't reply. That is the worst part. At least people should be active enough to let the person know that they are not interested. Rejection doesn't feel as bad as no reply. Its just too plain damn rude. In swinging, rejection is just part of the game.

Garland TX
Username hidden
(70 posts)
I agree with sweet-- I have two playmates that the wives set us up, I first sat down and talked with both of them so all rules were understood and have been having a blast since then..

Tina

Columbus OH
Username hidden
(1004 posts)
Interesing idea, SweetJez. I've also seen the opposite sentiment here, mainly that they see this a the wife trying to "pimp out" her husband because he's too lazy or doesn't have the confidence to contact women himself.

Kingsport TN
Username hidden
(151 posts)
I met one of my best friends in the lifestyle here because his wife emailed me and we set a time to all meet. Maybe if your wife contacted the females and introduced you so to say.

Spring TX
Username hidden
(2216 posts)
Looks like I spoke too soon. She's pulled her singles profile off. Our couples profile is still up though: KingsportTNcouple

Kingsport TN
Username hidden
(151 posts)
But maybe it would less intimidating to some to say that I'm just looking for some female friends.

Kingsport TN
Username hidden
(151 posts)
Yes, my W has a singles profile on this site, too. She's currently got one serious boyfriend, but she found him on a different site.

You know, I've tried before stating I was just looking for FWB's. It didn't seem to generate much interest either. I'd really love a long-term relationship, and thought that being straightforward about that would be best.

Kingsport TN
Username hidden
(151 posts)
Oh absolutely that's a big part of it. There aren't many people, especially in our Bible-Belt area, that are interesting in getting involved in any alternative lifestyles. Age could be an issue, too. There are a LOT of 20 and 30 year olds out there in the dating community. Most of them won't consider over 40.

Kingsport TN
Username hidden
(151 posts)
I think single males have it tough not just in this community, but almost all online dating. For example, I've used quite a few different dating sites looking for a relationship. Total profile views on all those combined: about 320. Total number who have reached out to me first: 4. And 1 of those resulted in a date, which didn't go well.

The only relationship I've gotten from the online community has been from a Craigslist ad, which resulting in a two-month relationship. It really doesn't pay to be passive at all. Even the massive number of emails I've sent, probably less than 10% bother to reply at all. But I think the chances are better if you're proactive rather than waiting.

I think that amongst all the dating sites, the males vastly outnumber the females. It's a wonder people get together at all. For example, in my area, if you check out the Casual Encounters section of Craigslist, the Men seeking Women outnumber Women seeking Men by about 20 to 1.

Kingsport TN
Username hidden
(151 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
TOPIC: Not just in the swinging community