NO SINGLE MEN! : Swingers Discussion 163658
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSwinging SingleNO SINGLE MEN!
TOPIC: NO SINGLE MEN!
Created by: dume2wice The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 25   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I have read all the posts , now tell me whats wrong beening single. I for one want to be single, thats my life style. Thats my way ,if you think there is some reason why i am single. Then please state it here for all to read. Don't knock me or others who are real singles , i have never turned down an invite to meet, or party, it is the couples whom have turn singles like myself down. This is just my two cents worth.

Newmarket Canada
Username hidden
(280 posts)
Double, you said "Okay, I'll admit it, from time to time I've Been one of those flakes who make a date to meet a couple and back out." Then you say it's because you don't want to risk potential rejection. Now you get huffy and say that honesty is the best policy (I agree with you you on that part, at least.) Just curious: when you make a date with a couple, how often does your commitment to honesty include you giving them advance warning that you might just back out, depending on how fragile your ego is feeling on the day of the date?

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(66 posts)
Digging a hole deeper for single men?

The urge to FLAME me?? really.

I've NEVER stood up a couple (or anyone). I've called and canceled or rearranged a meeting. . .

I'm sorry if you guys feel that being Honest is a detriment to single men everywhere... I sort of like thinking honesty is better, but that's just me.

Centralia WA
Username hidden
(9 posts)
Ditto to Funola's comments...

Memphis TN
Username hidden
(3337 posts)
Double_Entendre (sic): I'm gonna try not to flame, but really, WTF??? If you're reluctant to meet a couple, why even make the date? When a single male flakes out, it just sours a couple from wanting to even fool with the rest of us who ARE serious about showing up for the date we committed to. And, of course, it can hurt the feelings of the couple you stood up, not to mention spoiling what might be the only free night they have that week (or month). Please re-think your approach to making a date if there is any doubt in your mind about actually showing up.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(66 posts)
About "flaky single men". . .

[Taking a deep breath] Okay, I'll admit it, from time to time I've Been one of those flakes who make a date to meet a couple and back out.

With those times I really had something come up, let me explain. . . Meeting new people can be a bit stressful in general; we all want to be liked. When meeting someone (especially a couple) with expectations (or at least potential for) SEX, well... there's a lot of EGO on the line, and rejection is painful, especially on that sexual level.

When I was a couple, it was never that bad; we had each other to console and fuck and get over it, but it's another story as you drive home alone with nothing but yourself to console... very hard.

Sometimes my mood or my ego or my self-confidence just isn't up the the task of Bringing on my A Game and meeting that new, beautiful, couple. . .

It's not as if I've *EVER* agreed to meet a couple thinking, "I'll just back out the day before."... I don't roll that way, but sometimes my brain decides it's safer just to stay home this time.

I hope this makes sense.

James, Seattle (well, at least I can see it from here)

Centralia WA
Username hidden
(9 posts)
I'm single, but was in a Swinging Marriage for 15 years. I TOTALLY get why couples say 'no single men' even if they really mean 'select single'... Most (not all, but most) single men we encountered as a couple where terrible.

ON THE OTHER HAND -- now that I'm single...

It does suck to be judged by what other single men have done/said. My personal rule of thumb here is to NEVER contact a couple who state 'no singles' even though I would love for them to at least know of my existence and then decide.

Hopefully I'll be a couple again, but while dating is hard, Looking for a Single Female Swinger who would make a good mate is nearly impossible... but I'll never give up on it.

James.

Centralia WA
Username hidden
(9 posts)
Thanks for the positive words lost... I agree. Single men must bring their A game in every aspect of social interaction. It is kind of humorous to read several 'single male rule books' and they all seem to point out the obvious. Does a grown person really need to be told about hygiene? lol.

On a related note. Several of the couples I've seen or know do use the 'No Single Men" as a buffer as what was stated up thread. I agree that more often than not there are always exceptions.

Emeryville CA
Username hidden
(12205 posts)
Oh and if you think single men in the lifestyle are defensive , Wait till till you start dealing with the vanilla single males . They have the nerve to be unemployed , look like harm's charm, over educated with no common sense , have no personal or grooming style, can't fuck and the NERVE to be picky and the older they are the worst they are! I give parties on the side and Thank God the men I invite to attend my parties do not and will not have that problem or they can not attend !

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(303 posts)
I'd say it's more often the married guys that let themselves go (in more ways than one) than the single guys, at least in our experience. I have no doubt that SMs are notoriously flakey, but we just haven't run into that much. Yes, we had a couple SMs fail to show, but nothing compared to the dozens and dozens and dozens of couples that have stood us up. Most of the married women are dressed to the nines at the clubs and parties we've attended with some often being dragged around by dorky hubbies that have long since forgotten about staying in shape, manners, grooming, and how to dress to impress! I'm like, "Are you serious!?!" LMAO! Come on, just a little bit of effort please... just a little. LOL!

~Mrs. Pixie~

Panama City Beach FL
Username hidden
(293 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 25   End
TOPIC: NO SINGLE MEN!