Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Swinging Single How rude
TOPIC: How rude
Created by: ATAK
Original Starting post for this thread:
It never ceases to amaze me how rude people can be. I pop online and find a new couple very near my location and even though their faces are blocked out, I immediately recognize them based on their other features and send them a "Hey, how ya doing" message including a sentiment about it being a small world we live in. Not only do they not reply, but now I'm blocked! WTF? I wasn't forward with them, I made no mention at all of swinging, sex, or anything inappropriate. I simply said hello.

People, pay attention...If someone says hello, at least have the common courtesy of saying hello back. Not everyone on this site wants to fuck everyone else. This is a social site by design...where people....god forbid....socialize...

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I don't either, I see one every day! LOL Shelly

Username hidden
(23991 posts)
Shelly, Being in a small town is always a dilemma for me. No one wants to meet the "locals" for fear we might run into each other at Walmart. Personally, I don't have that fear, but I understand it completely and respect it.

I kinda feel that those who are local and brave enough to contact me to at least chat (even if we decide we aren't going to meet) can be a good thing. I have made quite a few "friends" here in town this way and have no idea if I will ever meet them face to face. At least they get to be a little more comfy in making future contacts with other locals.

RaveN ( :~

Fort Worth TX
Username hidden
(8589 posts)
I know that people from smaller towns like we are from usually only play with people in larger cities, Austin for us. You may have freaked them out when you did that in all honesty, because discretion is such a huge issue with everyone. For me its not so much family wise, because I'm a grown adult. However, career wise I do not want anyone to know what we do..not that I'm ashamed, but because of the stigma. shelly

Username hidden
(23991 posts)
You'd be surprised how close to "mayberry" this place is. Not the site, I'm talking about this local area. Still, even if the prospect of swinging is new to them, and they are leary about people knowing about it (which is seriously doubtful, given both of their histories) a simple "Thanks for the welcome, we're not really interested in singles at the moment and are just exploring our feelings regarding this lifestyle" would have been more than sufficient.

I really feel like the whole "Deer in the headlights" thing has no merit at all in this circumstance, because my message wasn't anything like "Hey, good to see you guys on here, let's fuck sometime". Which would not only have been rude, but far too forward even for people who DO know each other. But since my message was just a simple hello, I felt extremely put out by how the simplest of greetings is met with blockage without an explanation or any response whatsoever.

I've been in this lifestyle long enough to know that unsolicited e-mails from single males to a couple is usually met with a very short, to the point reply...if any reply at all, but usually not from people I personally know. I would've thought better of them.

Laurel Hill NC
Username hidden
(33 posts)
Yes It was semi rude ..But waht did you expect . Unless they are the WTF type of couple you pulled a dear in headlights feeling

I like the New pofile posters that ignor,block or put up the no thanks sign when all you did was welcome them to the sight

Talk about no manners . Idon't want your a** I just wanted to say hello. You'll know if I do want your a** I'll tell you... in plain English

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(303 posts)
oops, wasnt asking to fuck them. lolllll that sounded so bad in my last post

Lockport IL
Username hidden
(388 posts)
I started a boaters group and was inviting others with boats, easy right? I invited this one couple just a bit ago and they back stating we are not interested do not send us invites to groups or to parties. Hell I was asking to fuck them just a friendly invite to all who has something in common.

Lockport IL
Username hidden
(388 posts)
I have a lot of steady friends in rural areas of Tennessee, Arkansas, and Mississippi. They don't play with anyone locally for the simple reason that people in small towns know each other's business and love to talk about it. As swing friends, we need to be empathetic with our partners (i.e., understand their behavior and attitudes from their perspective). When I play with these friends, they either come to me or we meet in between to maintain the discretion they desire.

Memphis TN
Username hidden
(3736 posts)
When we first set up a profile on this and the other well known site we would go straight for the locals. After a few "No Thanks" And Non Responses to emails we dicided to just let them contact us if they are interested! Ofcourse they are probably thinking the same thing, LOL Oh Well, Theres plenty a fish in the sea! Just gotta pack up the wife & the luggage to go to the fishin hole sometimes i guess :O)

Dayton OH
Username hidden
(813 posts)
You initiated a fight or flight response, are you really that suprised? You evidently made it clear you knew them, and now, all the sudden this "exciting cute little flight of fancy" is now an real-life endangering terror filled dangerous experience. Do they have kids? Family? Etc. You're on SLS dude, they know you know they're at least thinking about swinging, and that knowledge is terrifying. Most people don't realize how identifiable they are until it's "too late"

Here's a hint, next time, don't send some message through the site that's hey what's up.... try something more like "hey folks, I noticed you joined the site, and I wanted to say 'hi'. I also wanted to assure you that I respect your privacy and will absolutely maintain your discretion. Since your'e new to the site, if I can answer any questions, or assist you with anything, let me know, otherwise happy swinging blah blah blah."

While what they did might be 'rude' you probably scared the crap out of them, cut them a bit of slack.

Bear DE
Username hidden
(160 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
TOPIC: How rude