Am I being rude : Swingers Discussion 53017101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSwinging SingleAm I being rude
TOPIC: Am I being rude
Created by: westernpacouple
Original Starting post for this thread:
Okay, we get our share of very nice inquiries from very nice gentlemen. When I see *any* attempt to be appropriate but the person is not someone I think we'd like to meet, I always email back nicely. Useually, it's something like, "Thank you very much, but we're not interested. Good luck!" So, please, don't accuse me of single bashing.

But, like everyone else, we get our share of just plain junk. For example, one man recently sent us: " have to be in Pittsburgh in a week on line now " To these type of emails, I reply with:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Apparently, you didn't read (or pay attention to) this section of our profile.

*****This section is for single males***** Polite inquiries from single "gentlemen" will be replied to; extra credit will be given for grammar and punctuation. Facial pictures in your profile are a necessity - if you are concerned about being discrete, make them private, then give us access *before* emailing us. Now, please pay attention here - you only get one chance to make a first impression! We like to know about you in that first email. Tell us what you like outside the bedroom, make us *want* to email you back, differentiate yourself from the herd. One liners will be given a summary rejection. Also, she's not into any men with tattoos or body piercing (except tasteful earrings.) ***************

Needless to say, we are not interested. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Am I being rude with this reply?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
User Details are only visible to members.
Gentle and Funguy, thanks for your input.

Yes, I think it's impolite to not respond as well. And you picked up on my basic interest - to educate the person and hopefully either get him off the track or on the right one. Sort of a responsibility to the community, IMO.

Shadyside PA
Username hidden
(319 posts)
I think you were actually being very polite. Most people would just delete the message. You took the time to reply and point out that perhaps he should actually READ the profile before e-mailing. You may actually help the guy learn something and keep other couples from having to deal with his rude, spelling challenged messages. I fully support deleting such messages. I feel it's rude when people don't respond to articulate and polite messages, which occurs often.... my compliments for responding to this guy at all...

Fairfax VA
Username hidden
(14 posts)
Together, yes, I certainly noticed the firmness!!!

Shadyside PA
Username hidden
(319 posts)
Thanks, so much for the replies. I count 3 in favor, 1 against, and I'll take 75%.

BillnSuzie, feel free to use the technique.

Shadyside PA
Username hidden
(319 posts)
I have customized a few replies, and one includes the profile thing. It saves me time and effort.

RaVEN

Fort Worth TX
Username hidden
(8589 posts)
Frankly, I would just ignore the message and delete it. There is a lot of discussion in this Forum about being polite and responding to all emails, but if someone sending you a message obviously hasn't read your profile, a tacit non-reply is an effective communication.

Collierville TN
Username hidden
(3472 posts)
I don't think that was rude, especially since you said what you were looking for in your profile. I've basically said the same thing to many MANY couples and single women on this and other sites. Of course, since I'm a single male I MUST be a fake or pic collector (even though I've only asked one woman for her pictures...after she offered to send them to me). You just have to be polite when you tell them no and hope he/she/they can deal with the fact that you didn't treat them like an undesirable piece of scum that you'd rather flush down the toilet than talk to with a modicum of civility. It seems like not many "swingers" can deal with being treated like people first, no matter what they say in the forums or their profile.

Username hidden
(98 posts)
Okay, we get our share of very nice inquiries from very nice gentlemen. When I see *any* attempt to be appropriate but the person is not someone I think we'd like to meet, I always email back nicely. Useually, it's something like, "Thank you very much, but we're not interested. Good luck!" So, please, don't accuse me of single bashing.

But, like everyone else, we get our share of just plain junk. For example, one man recently sent us: " have to be in Pittsburgh in a week on line now " To these type of emails, I reply with:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Apparently, you didn't read (or pay attention to) this section of our profile.

*****This section is for single males***** Polite inquiries from single "gentlemen" will be replied to; extra credit will be given for grammar and punctuation. Facial pictures in your profile are a necessity - if you are concerned about being discrete, make them private, then give us access *before* emailing us. Now, please pay attention here - you only get one chance to make a first impression! We like to know about you in that first email. Tell us what you like outside the bedroom, make us *want* to email you back, differentiate yourself from the herd. One liners will be given a summary rejection. Also, she's not into any men with tattoos or body piercing (except tasteful earrings.) ***************

Needless to say, we are not interested. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Am I being rude with this reply?

Shadyside PA
Username hidden
(319 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
TOPIC: Am I being rude