Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Swinger Advice › your parents are we genetically predisposed
TOPIC: your_parents__are_we_genetically_predisposed
Created by: pirate
Original Starting post for this thread:
I heard there may be an inherited trait for those of us in the lifestyle. I know both sets of my grandparents weren't monogamous as well as my in-laws and my own parents. Just trying to figure out the why's of this lifestyle for us.

1 to 4 of 4
User Details are only visible to members.
Well I know that when my parents charter a sailboat in the Carribean they have gone skinny dipping. I am a nudist as well as a swinger but I don't believe there is a genetic predisposition. I say this as my maternal grandmother was very victorian in belief, I recall her telling my mother years ago that she saw that horrible italian talking on tv about Love. That horrible italian was the great Leo Buscalia who taught Love at UCLA. My paternal grandparents were similarly conservative but that could be from lack of resources as my Dad was born in 1927.

Cultural upbringing is a better explanation. I know that my folks are very libertarian when it comes to the government getting involved in peoples lives. I am likeminded

Brea CA
Username hidden
(5 posts)
It is highly probably that Homo sapiens was not wired for monogamy. Our closest living relatives, the bonobos or dwarf chimpanzees, live in groups in which all males mate with all females, and sex is not just for reproduction, but for maintaining social harmony. They even mate face to face and lying on their sides, not just "doggie."

Just how early humans organized their social lives is never going to be completely understood. However, since women were burdened with child care (no bottle feeding in those days), it was the men who went hunting. Since it is known that they hunted large Ice Age mammals (mammoths, e.g.), and since early humans shared the world with some pretty awesome predators who clearly preyed upon humans, men undoubtedly had shorter life expectancies than women. Accordingly, men who produced the most offspring would have to be those who impregnated the most women, since pregnancy and breast feeding can shut down ovulation in women for up to several years.

Women, on the other hand, would have the greatest probability of producing strong, successful offspring by mating with the strongest, most dominant males. And given the short life expectancies of the hunter males, women may have mated with multiple men in their lifetimes as a normal thing. They may even have hedged their bets on which males were the strongest and most dominant by mating with several men. There weren't that many adult males in a band of early humans, anyhow, so it all may have approximated a social structure not unlike that of the bonobos.

It was cultural indoctrination that became widespread after the development of agriculture and city-states that lended a sense of permanency to where one lived that allowed adults to live longer and therefore allowed men to be more territorial with their females.

Or maybe not. LOL!

Jim

Culpeper VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
that could explain the male half, but what about the ladies? I know from one study (Vaughn '98) that 80% of the marriages are affected by affairs- 70% husbands, and nearly 65% of the wives. Information is power and I'd like to be prepared to answer tough questions, especially since we lead a group of 150 local couples. It looks like Simbaxxx was caught a little off guard on a "monogamy" themed show.

Camarillo CA
Username hidden
(87 posts)
I heard there may be an inherited trait for those of us in the lifestyle. I know both sets of my grandparents weren't monogamous as well as my in-laws and my own parents. Just trying to figure out the why's of this lifestyle for us.

Camarillo CA
Username hidden
(87 posts)
1 to 4 of 4
TOPIC: your parents are we genetically predisposed
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.