Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Swinger Advice › How to stay awake for parties
TOPIC: How to stay awake for parties
Created by: MT25Life
Original Starting post for this thread:
Welcome to our first forum post.

My wife and I attended our first hotel takeover last weekend and had a blast. Or, we had fun until we could no longer stay alert, awake and coherent. We tried desperately to stay with it but past 11:30pm, I could feel the mattress calling me. We were able to force being awake until 2am but were too tired to play, barely able to flirt and struggled to keep in conversations we were having with a few couples we really were interested in. I am certain that some people we were interested in were getting mixed signals as if we were uninterested when in truth we were too tired to see the cues or react in time. As we look back on the night, we missed opportunities.

The problem is, we are terminal early risers for work weekdays (up at 5am or earlier, asleep by 9:30pm). We have tried staying up late the Friday before and trying to sleep in as late as possible. But as many of you know, it is hard to sleep past your natural body clock. Even with success at that, we still hit a mental wall after 11:30pm even if caffeine props us up physically. We have tried napping before this event (and other meet n’ greets) but I (Mr.) have difficulty falling asleep during the day to nap no matter how tired I am and if you add the excitement of a party into the brain, napping is impossible for both of us. We did try energy drinks: a Monster at 7pm and a 5hr energy at 1am (WAAAY more than I am ever comfortable with) but they barely made a dent. As mentioned above, they did help keep my body moving but my brain just went foggy and could not be shaken out. We both drank (alcohol) minimally throughout the night as well as alternating water and did not partake in any 420 or activities (obviously this can add to the sleepy). I had a grand total of 3 shots of Bourbon over 7 hours and I’m 235# so no impact there.

Any advice? How do you prepare for the late nights at parties and takeovers? We have signed up for a Halloween party but one of our biggest concerns is staying up and being alert enough to get the most out of the event. We are not old enough to feel like we should be partying with the blue hairs and hitting it by 7pm and in bed by 10pm….lol. OR even if we manage to keep upright, sleep zombies make us less appealing, less flirty and less able to play.

(sorry, brevity is not my strong suit)

1  2  3  4  5  Next »
1 to 10 of 48
User Details are only visible to members.

Due to new laws enacted by The US Government, we are making some changes to our business model and policies which limits access to our free members.

Please understand that our priority is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for like minded people. These changes are required to meet that goal.

Melbourne FL US
Username hidden
(275 posts)

Due to new laws enacted by The US Government, we are making some changes to our business model and policies which limits access to our free members.

Please understand that our priority is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for like minded people. These changes are required to meet that goal.

Wildwood FL US
Username hidden
(51 posts)

Auburn NH US
Username hidden
(8340 posts)

Bellingham WA US
Username hidden
(10629 posts)

Sevierville TN US
Username hidden
(2301 posts)

San Luis Obispo CA US
Username hidden
(6062 posts)

Tempe AZ US
Username hidden
(5818 posts)

Tempe AZ US
Username hidden
(5818 posts)

Auburn NH US
Username hidden
(8340 posts)

Carlisle PA US
Username hidden
(672 posts)
1  2  3  4  5  Next »
1 to 10 of 48
TOPIC: How to stay awake for parties
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Service  |  Privacy Policy  |  FOSTA Compliance Policy

Copyright © 1998- DashBoardHosting, LLC., and/or its affiliates. All Rights Reserved.