having a good house party : Swingers Discussion 183953
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSwinger Advicehaving a good house party
TOPIC: having a good house party
Created by: dressup4yu69
Original Starting post for this thread:
Hi all,

Last Friday we nearly had a BUST of a house party. It ended great but we had alot of flakes and alot of no shows.

Anyone have any advice for having a good house party?

Setup? Food? Games? Getting people to the bedroom?

thanks--J&N

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
User Details are only visible to members.
In our experience, attending house parties is a 'chicken/egg' thing. If you haven't attended a house party before, you won't get invited to house parties. If you're not invited, you can't attend (and won't even know about them 'til you catch the chit-chat about that great party last weekend). We spent many years on the outside looking in, hearing all about the great parties that we were not invited to, until we started our own group.

Username hidden
(786 posts)
Now, as far as the original post goes. i would suggest you go to a couple private parties and see how they are setup, talk to the host, get names of people you talk to and if you like them, invite them to your party later. or talk to people who are throwing the parties from this site and other sites you belong to and ask for advise, people most of the time are happy to help.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2309 posts)
**** Every club we have been to considers this a membership fee to a private club. I'm sure there is a reason for this. ****

A membership fee is not considered the same as an admittance fee, there are different laws for both. I know that charging a membership fee is the way to go, less implications. i'm not sure on all the aspects between the two, but a lawyer would know more, all local laws are different so check in your area.

by the way, if you charge a admittance fee, not only can you be fined and locked up but so can the people in the house at the time, and that can be embarrassing. so make sure in your advertisement for the party you always use the word membership fee and never admittance fee.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2309 posts)
Valovers is correct, once you charge, you are considered a business and you'll be breaking alot more laws which could result in stiff fines or ending up in court. without charging it's considered a private party. also consider where you life, if you have a lot of people show up, and there isn't a lot of parking in your area, you'll always get that one neighbor who calls the police. the less the police show up the better. know who you are inviting, if you get a single who shows up uninvited and you turn them away they could be an issue outside and disturb the neighbors. you can find out about the laws for swing party at local city hall or even a lawyer.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2309 posts)
Really bad idea to charge admission. You could be charged with running a house of prostitution. Don't even think of charging.

Jim

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
I am a veteran party planner so I know what I'm talking about.

A party where nobody has to make a financial commitment will have a no-show rate of 25 to 60 percent. That is the way it is. The man says they are coming when the wife hasn't bought in...something comes up...they don't feel like it. Whatever.

If you want to control the guest list, charge for admission and make them pay in advance. Even if it's only $20, when people pay something they are psychologically invested and your no show rate will be dramatically lower.

If it is a casual thing where people don't pay then you have to expect a huge no show rate and plan accordingly.

If I have a small party (for me a party with less than 30 people is "small") then I invite only people I know well. I communicate in advance and let them know I EXPECT them to show up. They know if they don't show up they are messing up the party for everyone else and I will be unhappy with them. Sometimes I assign each person/couple a food item to bring. Again, if someone commits to bring something they are psychologically committed.

As far as breaking the ice, a woman just has to take out someone's cock and suck on it. If that doesn't work you invited the wrong people.

Springfield VA
Username hidden
(273 posts)
And I was mellow that evening. I have been known to get a little crazy.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17867 posts)
And invite Carrie, cause she is a partying somebody! Thems some great people, those Corpus Christi swingers.

Username hidden
(23995 posts)
Invite the double of the amount, of people, you want to come. You are always going to have no shows. If you invite more than you may end up with the right amount.

When it comes to food, make it a potluck and have everyone bring something. That way you aren't spending a lot on food.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17867 posts)
Most important, you should already know the couples you invite and preferably have already played with them, so you know if there's a possible drama situation.

One house party we attended, the hostess had made "dance cards" for each of the men. Each card contained the names of all the women at the party except the spouse of the guy. The rule was you had to dance one dance with every woman on your card before anyone can "go upstairs" and play. Then have dim lights and slow dance music. It gives everyone a chance to spend a few minutes up close and touching. A good way to determine who you might "connect" with.

If it's going slowly, the hostess can get things started by stripping topless and giving some guy (or two) a bj in front of everyone. It helps to get the mood moving toward playtime.

A hot tub is a huge advantage if you have one. Again, the hostess can strip naked and say "I'm going to the hot tub. Come join me!" A great way to get people naked.

Jim

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
TOPIC: having a good house party