Who asked Julie : Swingers Discussion 216228
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSwinger AdviceWho asked Julie
TOPIC: Who asked Julie
Created by: PartyPerks847
Original Starting post for this thread:
...actually it is "Just ask Julie"...LOL Am I the only one who finds this woman's book (The swinger manual) and advice columns lame, generic and frankly, off base on a LOT of issues? Just wondering

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 22   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I think the most amusing and out of touch with reality thing Julie ever said to me personally was "Your club is ok, but it's hard for me to compare it with a club like_________ (fill in the blank with a popular club in Nashville) All due respect to the folks at that club, (The owner happens to be an acquaintance of mine) if I ended up with the attendance they get on a Saturday night at one of my major events...I would probably not make my expenses. She needs to get out more She is also in the vanguard of this bullshit "Brick and Mortar" nonsense that is plaguing the lifestyle club scene at the moment, where people who own dingy storefront properties and converted warehouse space that they are upside down on since the real estate market collapsed, insist they are the only "real" clubs. Again.. clueless The club is the people, not a building.

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3831 posts)
Kittypride Yes i operate a successful swinger site, more hits and more active members than Julie's Ms perks and I are both published We run 4 successful social and swing clubs in the Chicago area We do lifestyle travel consulting through a partner agency We do seminars at conventions all over the country, our biggest being Exxxotica, where we are pretty much the solo Representative of the lifestyle community Risk? We started our business with a 15K loan from my personal 401K Guess what? if you look really really hard, you might find an occasional negative review on some aspect of our business. I knew that came with the territory when I put myself out there, fortunatly, there are thousands who appreciate and enjoy what we do. As for Julie, (and some of those around her) beleive me, I am being kiind. if I wanted to trash her I have plenty of very true very verifiable dirt I could dish...I chose not to. I simply said her book is mundane and that I had negative business dealings with her...again, she is a self anointed public figure...I get to do that

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3831 posts)
Perks, do you operate a successful swinger's site, sponsor events and hand out "freebies" on occasion at parties? Maybe you do. I don't know. Are you published? Julie is. Like it IR not that may give her a little bit more street cred, even if people disagree with her... And before you tell us that she's self published and not with a major publisher let me remind you that it means she took the risk and has a lot invested- money, time, etc. in getting the book published and marketing it. There's something to really respect about all that.

Pulaski TN
Username hidden
(492 posts)
An "honest" review can only be given by someone who isn't bias. You already commented you found her abrasive in your personal dealings and had some bad business dealings. I'd say that makes you the last person to give an "honest" review of her. Your attack and that is what it was is childish, petty and done in a manner to try to discredit her, her book and her lifestyle parties.

I am happy to see that everyone sees it for exactly what it is...keep talking , you simply prove my point over and over again.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5253 posts)
Just a honest review. People who put themselves out there as "public figures" like she has should know it comes with the territory

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3831 posts)
Call your negative comments whatever term works for you. From where I sit, it looked like you made an attempt to tear her and her writings apart.

The Wife

Denham Springs LA
Username hidden
(64 posts)
Tear into them? what?

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3831 posts)
Perks, I think you have some serious nerve calling someone else abrasive when you tear into them. Her operating a site or writing a book does not give you any justification on lack of manners.

The Wife

Denham Springs LA
Username hidden
(64 posts)
He found her abrasive? You've got to be kidding me. This from most abrasive, rude person from the moment he arrived in the forums ? I can not thing of a single person he has respectfully disagreed with. Immediately the vile vomit spews from him mouth at any and all. I'm also pretty sure with his endless bragging (exaggerating) about his clubs, hos parties, his important contributions to swingers all over the country that the only self label celebrity is him. Her book my in fact be fair game, her business, her site , her columns and her character are NOT. Had you simply stuck to discussing her book without your hateful, petty , jealous, back stabbing comments it might have actually generated a conversation. Instead, as you just mentioned you had supposed bad business dealings with her and do not like her. Call the BBB , go to her website and trash talk where she and those who know her can defend themselves. Don't talk trash when she can't give her side and try to undermine her business. You are completely without ethics and lack even the remotest sign of human decency.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5253 posts)
Not that complicated, I think her book is mediocre, I find her abrasive, I question her sincerity in terms of the lifestyle, and I had negative business dealings with her...Just wondered if others had a similar or different experience She is the one who has anointed herself a celebrity of the lifestyle, that sort of makes her fair game for critique, right?

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3831 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 22   End
TOPIC: Who asked Julie