Who asked Julie : Swingers Discussion 2162281011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSwinger AdviceWho asked Julie
TOPIC: Who asked Julie
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 22   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Most of you know that Sav & I have had our differences but I'm definitely liking what she's saying. If you don't care for the book fine. Write a review on Amazon. FWIW her group has sponsored events in North Alabama and likely others. While we think of her as a friend she couldn't be all bad to those who don't know her. What has she done to deserve your ire?

Pulaski TN
Username hidden
(495 posts)
And like the book or not is it worth saying thenegative personal things about her? She does her thing and hopefully enjoys. We all do our thing and- again (hopefully) enjoy. Can't it just be that way?

Pulaski TN
Username hidden
(495 posts)
I'll toss my two cents in. It's worth only two cents so take it or leave it.

I disagree with the notion that Julie is off base. Her forums are active and full of true gems that are useful to those starting out.

I am currently reading her book. While I am not infatuated with the style she chose to convey her tips, it's a book worth reading.

The Wife

Denham Springs LA
Username hidden
(64 posts)
How sicking to listen to a competitor slander another swinger forums/book site just because she wouldn't bang him. If you can not promote your "business" without making deeming , hateful comments about someone you see as competition perhaps you would simply shut up. Your childish petty hatefulness of someone who successfully runs event, writes a book and has a following does you no justice, or perhaps it does. It is always beneficial to see what kind of scum is attempting to be successful in this line of work and how they chose to go about it . If your reputation can not stand on it's own as does Julie's I guess you need to resort to bad mouthing in an attempt to glorify yourself. I don't know Julie personally and have only met her once but let me be very clear here in saying just like in the political playing field one does not make one self look better by trashing the competition. Resorting to attacks on the opponent really just shows you have nothing to stand on in your own right. Only a fool thinks he looks better by making someone else look bad. You spend your days in the forums attacking every9one and anyone who disagrees with you as it your right, they at least have the opportunity to response. To attack a women who is not here, can not defend herself nor stand up for herself is sickening. Whatever your beef is with Julie I suggest you man up and deal with her directly instead of slandering her name all over the internet. Pathetic ! Absolutely Pathetic! You are the sorriest excuse for a man I have ever seen in a very long time.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5366 posts)
lost_j1 having a disagreement with Julie in not an uncommon thing...that's why she has has a site for 10 years, and has about 12 regular members

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
I guess for one thing, it is hard for me to take someones book seriously on the lifestyle, who clearly only entered it to look for a Husband, not once, but twice. As for her advice in the book, she is to lifestyle advisers what an agent at a support center help desk is to customer service. "My PC won't boot up" "Is it plugged in?" Gee..I NEVER thought of that! Add the fact that her endorsements are very much for sale. She essentially offered me her "blessing" in return for me buying copies of her book and selling them at events. What she was asking, I could have bought her book on amazon for less than her direct price, so I took a pass IMO, The late Sue Gould's book puts her's to shame in every way imaginable

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
Julie's book is more informative in the basics- like avoiding too much alcohol at a party. People neglect what should be common knowledge. The pluses and minuses of M&G, lifestyle terminology, etc. all get covered. She stresses communication between couples entering the lifestyle. You'd be surprised at how many people overlook simple things. If you want to explore Poly, Bi, S&M, or one of the other hundreds of specialized topics find information from someone very knowledgable in that particular realm. If someone asks " what is swinging about?" Or "my partner and I were thinking about it..." Consider Julie's book. I agree, the lifestyle is not cookie-cut and the dynamics of two is difficult enough, four can be impossible and a group together can bring as many problems as pleasures. You find your own way but everyone's a beginner at first.

Pulaski TN
Username hidden
(495 posts)
I'd say that any book about swinging is much like a recipe book. Just because you don't like the food doesn't mean it's a bad book. Recipes are subjective to ones own preferences , they give you ideas of things you might not have thought of. If you tweak a little something here and there to your own tastes it will be perfect . Swinging isn't a science it's an art and like all art open to interpretation. From what I've read and heard about the book it gives a "outsider" or newbie a view of what swinging is or can be. We all here in the forums give our opinion on many subject matters pertaining to swinging, she simply chose to publish hers with the input of many other people she has meet in her years swinging. That fact that the OP not only criticizes her book but further elaborates on her columns in a negative way reeks of jealousy that she has been very successful throughout the years . Keep in mind as he reminds us often he is in the "business" and therefore she is competition . I wouldn't trust his opinion to be unbiased. For his one nasty negative review there were dozens immediately available from those who felt the book was very helpful. I didn't see one single hateful message except by the OP. I trust that if she was somehow deleting any "bad" reviews this one would have been the first to go but there it stands. One can also note in his "review" he using the term "regional" and as we all know he has a true bias against anyone from the south and perceives us all as trailer trash,backward and uneducated. His respect for any women can also be noted in every single post her makes involving females on this forum.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5366 posts)
I do not know Julie personally, I am sure she is a very sweet person. I used to be in her swinger site however, and we had a disagreement. That was years ago mind you. I have never read her book, but I do think that it is impossible for anyone to write a "how to" on anything when swinging is truly a tailored sport. No 2 couples do things exactly the same. Other than having good manners like your Mama taught you, its pretty hard to say this is how you do anything.

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
BTW this is the lovely review Meathead (aka Cosmo aka Party Perks ) left for Julie . I find it disguising beyond belief he would trash a women who he sees as competition just because he is threatened by her success. She runs a highly success swingers forums and I guess Meathead finds that threatening. His nature is to attack and smart successful swingers seem to be his prey. The trouble is they eat him alive and then he runs and hides. Simply reading this I knew immediately who had written it and followed the trail right back to his own "swinger" site...imagine that ! I'm guessing she didn't want to fuck him either !

"I have to tell you, I was considering purchasing the book to sell at events. Then I encountered the author and read her feelings and insights on the lifestyle and then read it. That was enough for me to decide against it. The author’s perspectives are at best regional and localized, and at worst parochial and biased.

The book is in a word, awful. It’s a grammatical train wreck, written at a primary grade 4 reading level, makes general claims that represent a thumbnail of reality. It’s full of truisms, cliches and slogans, most of which had an expiration date on 1978. (I for example counted the word “swapping” 11 times)

On a scale of 1 to 10…I give it a 1, and that is based on the well illustrated front cover"

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5366 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 22   End
TOPIC: Who asked Julie