What is with people who IM you but then don't say anything : Swingers Discussion 218503101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSwinger AdviceWhat is with people who IM you but then don't say anything
TOPIC: What is with people who IM you but then don't say anything
Created by: ugot22001
Original Starting post for this thread:
Anyone else run into this? Person IMs you - you accept - dialogue as follows:

Them: hi You: hello there <long pause> Them: whats up You: not much (or whatever) <long pause> etc.

What is the point of this? If I am going to IM someone, I will have something to say/ask, make conversation. I just don't get why they IM in the first place.

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Yep, and it's usually either a single guy or elderly couple (at least more "elderly" than us;) from across the country. The trouble is that it takes about twenty "decline" clicks to get rid of the IM. This website would have been great in 1996...

At least with an email, you can politely respond with a "no".

Tempe AZ
Username hidden
(172 posts)
@VAbeach - We've gotten IM's from totally random guys from "wherever the h*ll" who just wanna chat and look at my (pix) and talk about when they were stationed on Oahu when they were in the military! Lame.

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(539 posts)
That shit drives me bonkers. If you made contact with me, it's up to YOU to drive the conversation at the beginning.

Especially if you're from the other side of the country. If you're from fucking Arizona, don't IM me just to shit talk.

And don't lie and say you're from here originally and come back. It's easy to tell when people don't know jack.

"I'm from Chesapeake. I was back to visit my mother 2 weeks ago."

"Oh yeah? Did you do a lot of skiing at the hills here?"

"Yeah sometimes."

Land O Lakes FL
Username hidden
(19137 posts)
LOL, nope, never had that problem. 99% of the time we'll IM someone and either A) be ignored and timeout, or B) be refused. Never had anyone IM us and have nothing to say, though.

Username hidden
(786 posts)
I think sometimes they're just IM'ing everyone they can find, and only take the time to study your profile after you've replied to them.

Such people may also be not very good at typing.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Mostly all we ever got with IM's. Big waste of time, so we shut IM OFF. Email only for us. People seem to put a bit more in emails. But now not much contact. hmmmmm.

Laona WI
Username hidden
(8 posts)
we enjoy recieving ims, but we agree if you IM someone have something to say , dont expect the other person to carry the conversation. We just close the IM when that happens

Shelbyville MI
Username hidden
(73 posts)
That's just a person with multiple conversations going. Not just single males. Couples have done this with us, too. I just hang up on them.

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(539 posts)
This is why we have right at the beginning of our profile that we don't accept IM's from single males unless we tell them in an e-mail that it's okay to IM us. Although its not just the single guys that are guilty but they are the majority.

Duquesne PA
Username hidden
(32 posts)
Single dude with several conversations going. Just wait your turn.

Virginia Beach VA
Username hidden
(313 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
TOPIC: What is with people who IM you but then don't say anything