Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Swinger Advice What's wrong with us
TOPIC: What's wrong with us
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   41 to 50 of 67   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Interesting, FF! I'm a smidgen older than you, yet I had never heard of use of the term before in that way.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9277 posts)
**c & p** Also, "meet me at the Y" is also very common internet speak.

Well back in the days "before the internet", there was a commonly used foreplay speak called eaten at the *Y* ~smile~ symbolized by a two fingered "V" sign with one's tongue inserted and wiggled....just saying ~smile~I think in some lesbo bars they still use it IDK for sure.

~ mychuckleforthedayinaword~

Buford GA
Username hidden
(3897 posts)
I don't know how helpful we can be, but we'll try...

"All I'm saying is people should be willing to give us a chance without judging us by our appearance alone. Is that an unreasonable expectation?"

For an online bulletin board style site? It might be.

Is swinging all about looks? Nope. Not really. But a site like this is based on three major things, in order: 1) pics, 2) profile description (and tone), and 3) networking.

Physical appearance is a biggie on a website. I keep qualifying that because our experience with websites like this one (and including this one) hasn't been to find many play partners. All of our play partners have been people we've met in real life, and a good part of what got us to "click" has been personality, conversation, mutual interests, etc. That's hard to get across on a web ad.

So first advice would be to get out and about and get more facetime. If you haven't had luck in real life, then I wouldn't suggest that you "try harder"... that might backfire and make you come off as creepy and forward. Just be yourselves, and you seem to have a good grip on who you are as people. Expose yourselves (figurately, or literally...) to more people and you're bound to have someone approach you eventually.

Second advice is not to rely on SLS for hookups. Instead, consider it a valuable resource on networking. The forums are good for information, opinions, and amusement. But I'd certainly not feel discouraged that people aren't beating down your inbox. There's a lot more out there to feel good about.

New Market MD
Username hidden
(196 posts)
If you're watching that counter for meaningful data , you've got issues.

White Hse Sta NJ
Username hidden
(4489 posts)
"I have never even looked at how many views our profile has had..."

In my opinion it's a pretty meaningless number, KD. You find it by clicking on My Account, then View My Profile, if you're interested.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9277 posts)
"Since making the recommended changes to our profile we have noticed an increase in the number of views."

It could be the increase in the number of views reflects people who have read this thread and wanted to check out what people were talking about.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9277 posts)
KC, I would suggest you remove the whole first red sentence. Including the lol. It's not effective, it starts off your profile with a negative (anything in red indicates some sort of warning, even if it's unintentional). What you say in your profile says it for you, as you state again in the profile about 'real" people, whatever that means.

Also, your tagline could use a change. You already write about the Y and finding you there later on in your profile. Don't need it as a tagline. People are looking at profiles here, on sls, not thinking about msging on Y. I know it may seem silly, but those are the things that make people just sort of pass on by.

Pics are great. Otherwise, profile is fine too. Just those few hints. take or leave, as this needs to be your own thing.

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7570 posts)
I dont worry that collectors will get pics of my pussy. Other than my gyn...I dont know that someone will look at a pic and say holy fuck...thats shelly's pussy! Honey, come look at this. Is this Shelly? Why yes, it is!

Username hidden
(23991 posts)
Akron, if they had, then people would read it as K Can da Doc, or K Can(a)da Doc, or some other way that is just wrong for them.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9277 posts)
Okay. Most just use 'and'.

White Hse Sta NJ
Username hidden
(4489 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   41 to 50 of 67   End
TOPIC: What's wrong with us