Still looking for first after several years : Swingers Discussion 222544
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSwinger AdviceStill looking for first after several years
TOPIC: Still looking for first after several years
Created by: NawtyGirl9124
Original Starting post for this thread:
As newbies, we've been looking at a lot of profiles and figuring this new thing out. And reading the forums, too, finding a lot of good information. But I'm seeing something in many profiles that I don't understand, and wondering if you nice folks could help me out.

I see a lot of profiles where the couple says they're just starting out, or they're looking for their first, or they want to see if the lifestyle "is right for them," or any of several variations on that theme. In short, it sounds like a newbie couple. And then you look at the date they joined this site and it may be anywhere from a couple years ago to as many as 10 years. Some have certs but many don't. And most have logged onto the site very recently.

What's up? Do they just not update their profiles? Are they still, after years, looking for their first? I understand that some folks don't do certs, but after a few years why would someone not update their profile so that they don't present themselves as beginners?

I've been tempted to ask a couple folks that question, but haven't because I guess it's none of my business. So that's why I'm asking here. Any thoughts?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
User Details are only visible to members.
I know its been a while since anyone replied to this but its worth saying what I got to say.(I think anyways)

We have been on SLS for a number of years. First we were known as another name but found out that some people look at the name and think we might be bad people. (It was not intended that way I swear!) So we changed our name and started to get some real good messages.

We would chat with them through the messaging for a bit then when we felt comfy we would share our home phone. Talks would be good but when time came to meet, it was usually a no show, no chemestry, or on one occassion a single guy. That pissed us off.

We did have our first experience FINALLY but it turned out bad for us. The woman was very rough with my wife and she was really turned off for a while after that.

So I guess we are called Vanilla because we havent had much experience.

Well we are taking things slow, We are meeting another cpl this week. If things click as well in person as on the phone, who knows. BUT

We still have our profile as looking for her first. The bad experience doesnt count.. Not for us anyway.

Yes it was along way to go to make my point Thats ok isnt it

Plains PA
Username hidden
(127 posts)
I know. You should come to our party. We are having it at Al "The Toy Guy" place. I love your parties but they are so expensive for us. Most of the parties we are use to going to are only $20-$25. We can usually only afford one a year-thank you to the economy! And it is a bit of a drive for us.

Joliet IL
Username hidden
(50 posts)
Vleather....you gotta get to another event soon...miss ya !

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
Boy you have said it! We have tried so many profiles on here that we just now stick to the parties! And even some of those are a pain and can be quite cliquish. Unfortunately, it took us 5 years to even find this site and this is one of the best out there! Here in Illinois, we tried many other sites with "meet & greet" and had no luck just a bunch of people standing around mingling. You should try some of the groups and get invited to a party.

Joliet IL
Username hidden
(50 posts)
Like all swing sites, this one has it's share of day trippers, posers, and non swingers who use the site as a social circle. If someone has had a profile for more than a year or two, and they; Have no certs Are still "curious" Talk more about what they are NOT looking for than what they are. Have a list of requirements that would disqualify THEMSELVES from meeting themselves. Are clearly using the site as a pic dump Don't waste your time...move on

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
I think most of those cases are ones where the couple abandoned swinging (or each other) long ago, but they still have the profile and one half likes perving pics.

Land O Lakes FL
Username hidden
(19148 posts)
You're right that in many cases they haven't updated their profile. New profiles are required to have as a minimum one line answers to the first two essay questions, and you'll see people who did the minimum when they signed up and six years later have done nothing more. You can also suspect they haven't updated their ages, weights, level of play, etc. either.

There may well be good reasons they haven't done anything more than put up an initial profile, but we tend to be pretty skeptical of them, particularly if they aren't paid members.

I'm sure there are some great folks who would fall into the old profile category, and that's why it's a good idea to delve further if you find them interesting. But I'm sorry to say that I think most of the people in that category are never going to meet you to play.

ST

Kitty Hawk NC
Username hidden
(255 posts)
As newbies, we've been looking at a lot of profiles and figuring this new thing out. And reading the forums, too, finding a lot of good information. But I'm seeing something in many profiles that I don't understand, and wondering if you nice folks could help me out.

I see a lot of profiles where the couple says they're just starting out, or they're looking for their first, or they want to see if the lifestyle "is right for them," or any of several variations on that theme. In short, it sounds like a newbie couple. And then you look at the date they joined this site and it may be anywhere from a couple years ago to as many as 10 years. Some have certs but many don't. And most have logged onto the site very recently.

What's up? Do they just not update their profiles? Are they still, after years, looking for their first? I understand that some folks don't do certs, but after a few years why would someone not update their profile so that they don't present themselves as beginners?

I've been tempted to ask a couple folks that question, but haven't because I guess it's none of my business. So that's why I'm asking here. Any thoughts?

Ashland NY
Username hidden
(1 post)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
TOPIC: Still looking for first after several years