Question about Friction in Philly-honestly intimidated : Swingers Discussion 228253
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSwinger AdviceQuestion about Friction in Philly-honestly intimidated
TOPIC: Question about Friction in Philly-honestly intimidated
Created by: lotsofun646
Original Starting post for this thread:
I am pretty new to this site and the lifestyle. Husband and I have only attended 2 clubs. I do have a question though about clubs and groups like Club Friction in Philly. Hubby and I are by no means hard to look at..but we aren't super models... And looking at all the attendees for the next party (sept 7th) they all kind of look like pictures from like, a fitness magazine. Almost like each guy and girl is a professional model or something. Are there clubs where only extremely sexy people/modelare allowed to get in? I just don't want to show up and not be allowed in bc we aren't hot enough or something. This may come off as low self esteem..but I assure you that's not it! I just have a high sense of pride (and rightfully so after 4 babies in 6 years and looking the way I do (2nd and 3rd were 11 mths apart btw). Anyway, at this point in my life I don't want to feel bad about myself. And seeing the sign up list, just intimidates me. Should it? Are there clubs that won't let u in because you're not hot enough? Or am I just reading into this?

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 27   End
User Details are only visible to members.
PhillyFriction ...I admit I only know what I have heard about your club, and most of it has been positive. you have standards....good on you. There is a difference between having standards and being unjustifiably grandiose and pompus Our philosophy has always been "All legal ages, races, sizes and backgrounds" and we live and die by it at all our locations, but you are right, if you can't show up presentable, there are plenty of places where $30 and a bowl of potato salad will get you in the door wearing a soiled NASCAR tee shirt and muddy shoes, we have even directed folks to them...they are not our "competition" The main thing I have heard about your club is that it is upscale and successful, so apparently you are doing something right...we went from upstart to #1 in Chicagoland in less then 5 years, so apparently we are too...Haters are gonna hate. CARRY ON

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Hold the phone -

That body has cranked out "4 babies in 6 years "

Seriously? Wow...

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19935 posts)
I don't think Friction people are appreciably any different than any other people. We've had our experiences with them (outside of Friction parties) and they have ranged from "booooring" to "totally awesome". Just like everyone else.

Private clubs can choose whomever they want for their membership. Clubs that are geared towards all sorts of specific genres or demographics exist. Like I said, we've been told no by parties who decided for whatever reasons that we don't belong. So be it. Come on. This is adulthood, not "everyone gets a trophy" day.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19935 posts)
We attended several of the Friction parties, they are indeed all that and a bag of chips. Majority of people are in fabulous shape, and tend to party like its the end of the world the next day.

People who trash the group, are either rejects, feel too inesure because the attendees ar attractive, cannot deal with rejection. Which is absurd, we're adults, we should have snapped out of childhood a long time ago.

Why is it ok for couples/singles to be selective but a group that picks and chooses, not? Just what kind of a hypocrisy is that?

But you know whats even more pathetic? A party organizer that cannot achieve, and caters to everytning that Friction isnt, and whose events attract at best, the aesthaticaly challenged, rejected by most swingers, criticisizing a highly successful national group. Simply hilarious, you just can't make this shit up.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16886 posts)
While we've never been to a Friction party before, we know people who have, and we'd probably like to some day. We don't mind pre-screening. We've been told "No thanks" from local house parties. While we don't exactly enjoy getting a "no thanks", we are grown ups and can take it.

I have no way of knowing either way about this "turned away at the door" story. If a club requires pre-screening, approves/invites you, you arrive in a state which has been fairly well represented by your pictures and are turned away anyway, that would be most uncool.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19935 posts)
Jackdarlene...as a club owner I can vouch for what you say about AfterShocks. The irony; The rank and file is not all that...They are the all too familiar and common 7s who fancy themselves as 10s, and believe the delusion simple condition of being size 8 or under in a $40 dress from Marshall's makes them "hot".....they neglect to account for bad dye jobs, fake and bake leather face syndrome and their wal mart shoes. We have a similar club here in the Chicago area...Their events are about as exiting as watching paint dry If a club you look at does not welcome all legal ages, races, sizes and backgrounds....move on

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
People get excluded from things all the time based on looks, financial status, age, etc, etc. I don't condone it when it comes to hiring practices and things of that nature, but when it comes to a social group or party, it doesn't bother me in the least.

So if Philly Friction or any other group only wants to allow people who look a certain way into their group/events (and I'm not saying that they do), well then good for them. There are hundreds upon hundreds of exclusive clubs and groups in every corner of our society who have seemingly ridiculous admission standards. Some are all male or all female clubs. Some are for people of elevated financial standings. Some are for people of this nationality or that. So if a group of swingers decides that they only want to party with people that they find attractive, who gives a shit?

You know what I say to that? Good on ya. You know what I say to people who don't like it? Start your own group. If Philly Friction wants to be the Alpha Betas and Pi Delta Pi of the swinging world and won't let you in, then go start up a swinging chapter of Tri Lambs and Omega Mus and challenge them at the annual Greek Games during homecoming for control of the Swinger Counsil.

Either that or just move on and find a group that better suits you.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3205 posts)
Their group, their rules.

yes they can have any rules that they want. we personally just dont feel that people should be excluded from an event because of their looks. just because someone you arent attracted to attends a party doesnt mean you have to play with them.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2079 posts)
Even if Philly Friction (or any other group for that matter) judges people by their pics and uses them to determine who gets in and who doesn't, who gives a shit? Their group, their rules.

I have to lol at anyone who condemns them for being judge mental. Anyone making that claim, are you prepared to say that you've never rejected the advances of another person or couple in this lifestyle based solely on their looks.....either in person or through this site? We have. We've rejected plenty of people simply because we didn't find them attractive. And I'm sure that we've been rejected and/or passed over by other couples because they didn't find us attractive and there isn't a damn thing wrong with that.

Personally, I like the idea of doing a little bit of screening and being selective about who a group chooses to accept. When it comes to appearances, there's certain types of people we find attractive and others we don't. We'd be far more likely to attend an event that will also be primarily attended by people we find attractive vs people an event being attended primarily by people we don't find attractive.

Some people go to Wolfgang Puck's or Jess & Jim's when they want steak. Others go to Sizzler. Nothing wrong with a group opting to be the Puck's or Jess & Jim's of swinger groups.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3205 posts)
We've been swinging for over seventeen years and have been members of several different groups and clubs, some on-premise, some off-premise, some hotel clubs/groups. Yes, we've seen instances of "You're not hot enough" (AfterShocks in St. Louis), and we've seen clubs die through terminal 'cliques' ignoring new members who weren't 'hot enough'. We've also seen and been happy members of very accepting and friendly groups.

Before anyone calls us trolls for defaming AfterShocks and accuses us of posting falsehoods about them, let me say that I was told PERSONALLY by another group member that we were not welcome there because "you're too old!" I personally know of others in the area who were given the same message.

Username hidden
(786 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 27   End
TOPIC: Question about Friction in Philly-honestly intimidated