Protection: Required, Some, None : Swingers Discussion 34367101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSwinger AdviceProtection: Required, Some, None
TOPIC: Protection: Required, Some, None
Created by: ZigNYur
Original Starting post for this thread:
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
User Details are only visible to members.
If it feels good do it...but be safe about it!

Muncy PA

Username hidden
(2913 posts)
Smile..I won't belabor this.. Regarding deep throating. The "skin" cells that line the throat change as you go down to the stomach. There is a type of skin cell (Langerhans) that more readily "absorb" germs/stds/bacteria. The level of risk does change with trauma/damage and the deeper you go.

However, the risk is still small. Studies of men who have sex with men show oral sex(cock sucking) is a risk factor for HIV transmission. It's very far down on the list of ways to catch HIV.

Educate yourself. Decide on what level of risk is OK for you. Honor other's decisions regarding their boundaries. Have fun.

In the cold light of the morning after the night before, I have never regretted using more protection.

Mischief<--off to have fun.

Glen Burnie MD

Username hidden
(2783 posts)
I do my best to grab an accurate picture. Just like any other topic, personal bias will enter into it. I personally like The American Social Health Association site. They have been around since herpes was a big deal.

My opinion..>Herpes is still a problem. BUT it doesn't have the consequences other "treatable" STDs do. It won't make women sterile. It doesn't cause cancer like HPV. I am not trying to change anyone's opinion or suggest their way is incorrect. I merely weigh the risks and go from there. Driving to the club is the most dangerous thing I do.

I haven't seen any current data on Gonorrhea/chlamydia in the throat. If you don't deep throat or swallow..your risk is less. Also, there is data available on swingers. It might be interesting to look it up. I suspect there will be less problems with STDs than the regular het population.

*******from the ASHA site**** During oral sex, it is possible but unlikely for chlamydia to be transmitted from mouth-to-penis and penis-to-mouth contact, and though less so, from vagina-to-mouth or anus-to-mouth contact. Transmission is not known to occur from mouth-to-vagina and mouth to anus contact. Chlamydia is less likely to be transmitted during oral sex because the bacteria that cause chlamydia prefer to target the genital area rather than the throat. ****************** What I do. -I use alcohol based cleaner to wipe off my fingers if needed. -I make sure my male partner washes the front of his body after removing a condom. -I never touch myself with the same hand that was in someone else. That includes my long term girl friend. -I never brush my teeth/floss within 4 hours of playing. -When in doubt, either don't do it...or cover it. I have a full kit for that reason. Nitrile gloves, lollydamns, Condoms in 2 sizes/2 materials, and tons of lubricant. -Lambskin condoms are NOT ok. They are porous for viruses. -I sit on a towel...never bare assed.. -I got the hepatitis B vaccine. -There are other things I watch for. This is the general Idea.

So YMMV,

Mischief

Glen Burnie MD

Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Yay ZigNY...Someone who shares my thinking.

Instead of retyping everything, This is part of a post I made in another section of the Forum, when the question of STD concerns came up. It was mentioned that they were not worried about cold sores or things like that..they are worried about the Big stuff. This was my reply...

~ Protection should be a must for Any sort of play...and that includes oral sex. (They Do have flavored condoms and dental dams...and dealing with a flavored condom or dental dam is much better than dealing with an case of chlamydia or gonorrhea in your mouth or throat).

Cases of Chlamydia and Gonorrhea are the most frequent STDs in general, AND in the lifestyle. Both STDs can be completely cured with a course of antibiotics, and since swinging is such a quiet and close knit community, some swingers take care of themselves and say nothing to their playmates. This is sad and dangerous but true.

Your mouth is filled with tiny cuts into which many STDs can be passed...especially after brushing your teeth or flossing. Diseases like the two above mentioned are even more easily spread by mere contact with the inner lining of your mouth and throat. So, sure...a condom during intercourse may protect you from the disease your partner didn't tell you about...but you just put that same diseased body part in your mouth, completely defeating the point of the other forms of protection.

Not concerned about cold sores because they are not the Real Stuff? Perhaps you should reconsider. Cold sores (Herpes Simplex Virus 1) causes 10% of All genital herpes cases. There are treatments, but genital herpes does Not go away, as you probably have seen by the many TV commercials about herpes medications. It is incurable, at this time.

Many/most swingers that I know prefer to turn a blind eye to protection during oral sex. I am not one of them. Listen...wether you are in this as a Couple, or as a Single...the fact remains: The only way to lower the STD risk is for both of you to protect yourselves. While many swingers are tested Very frequently for all possible STDs (myself included), not all are as careful, and they may just not know. Even if you have gotten to know your playmates, you do not know everyone they have played with in the past. Practice safer sex yourself. If someone has a problem with you protecting yourself, they should not be a playmate in the first place.

Vixen

Harrisburg PA

Username hidden
(105 posts)
If you want vaginal penetration you need a condom, if you want oral no wrap is required but, don't cum in my mouth! Cum on me...its much more erotic! K of RK

Muncy PA

Username hidden
(2913 posts)
ZigNYur.....seeing how you choose Quality over Quantity then you should have no worries in this lifestyle. And as long as you get those quality people to be honest about there whole sexual history, sexually transmitted diseases should never be a concern to you!

Rumford ME

Username hidden
(130 posts)
Laneylenny is correct oral transmission is much less likely. It has nothing to do with the oral cavity being "loaded" with bacteria. It has to do with what KIND of bacteria.

You have decided for yourself that latex all around is what you are comfortable with. Excellent.

Many of us choose a different path. I won't use latex/saran wrap when performing oral sex. I'm willing to take the risk. I won't swallow semen. It's on me, not in me. I require males to bag it for intercourse. Because of the way I have sex with women, I'm at very, very low risk of transfer.

If I was going to suck latex, then I would use nitrile gloves for all penetration. After all you can't be too careful.

Mischief

Glen Burnie MD

Username hidden
(2783 posts)
I'm sorry, but I would disagree with the statement that the mouth is a 'safer' environment and it trys to destroy STDs. On the contrary, the mouth is the most infectous part of the anatomy - it contains far more harmful bacteria than most sexual organs.

In short I feel its an ole wive's tale. Now don't get me wrong, swinging without protection can be fun and enjoyable - but its an absolute must that you know your (playing) partners history or at least discuss the subject before playing - its too late afterwards. For us - its quality over quantity.

I just find it kinda oxymoronic that condoms are required for penetration, but not oral. For me its either all or nothing - no in between. As I greatly enjoy giving oral to a woman - I know I dont like the taste of latex (or whatever) so au naturel is fine - but selectively, very selectively.

Frederick MD

Username hidden
(166 posts)
This is ONE puzzling scenario I've seen more than once in profiles:

Condoms required. Many dont mention 'when', but a few say - 'for penetration'. Then reading further in a profile, it states something to the effect of "if you prefer to not wear a condom, you'll have to settle for oral" or something like "I enjoy oral" but no mention of dental dams required.

Now, I may not be the brightest bulb in the house - but it just doesn't make sense. Condom/dental dams are for the prevention of STDs, right? So why would one want to have a STD in/on/around their mouth?

Not wanting to insult anyone's intelligence, but am I alone in thinking that its kinda oxymoronic to state condoms required EXCEPT if giving/recieving oral?

Playing safe is great! I highly encourage it. But doesn't it only work for ANY sexual contact that involves fluids? For example, most any medical paper will tell you that men will 'most likely' have some kind of emission even without a climax - and women - hmmm, those self-lubicrating places are lubed how?

Please tell me I'm correctly confused or point me to a modern book on the practical use of condoms.

K. Done - got that off my chest. Zig

Frederick MD

Username hidden
(166 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
TOPIC: Protection: Required, Some, None