Phone etiquette : Swingers Discussion 40525
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSwinger AdvicePhone etiquette
TOPIC: Phone etiquette
Created by: GORNALINA
Original Starting post for this thread:
Please,be discreet when calling a new couple on the phone and you have to talk on the answering machine you never know who is at the other end??

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 5 of 5 
User Details are only visible to members.
Here's why (one of a hundred reasons) you don't want to give just anyone your home number:

I met this neat lady in San Jose. She is a single, professional and I would swing with her and her current boyfriend occasionally. She would leave these very hot messages on my cell phone voice mail all the time. Later, it turned out that we were most interested in just playing one-on-one (some relationships are like that).

She was difficult to catch on the phone, either at home or work (I never got her cell number), and I would hesitate to leave a message on her voice mail or machine at home, so I would hang up.

Anyway, I called her home and again got her machine. So I was feeling playful and thought I'd leave a very hot message for her similar to what she was always leaving for me. I was just about to start, when my better sense took over and I just left an almost business-like message instead.

Good thing I did, because her 22 year old son was there alone visiting from Monterey and was not answering his mom's phone. Of course, you can hear the peson leave the voice message if you don't answer the phone. Wouldn't that have been just perfect if I had left this detailed erotic message for his mom!!?

Anyway, we almost laughed about it later, but the consequences for her were just too much to laugh about. It was a wake up call for us both about leaving ANY such message on a recording device.

San Luis Obispo CA
Username hidden
(1209 posts)
Cell, Cell, and Cell. It's my main number.

I only let folks who I intend on keeping around have my home phone.

It's not because of kids, my husband, or anyone else. It's for safety's sake. My husband knows everyone's name etc.

The only reason to give folks my home number is to reach me when I'm home. I don't check it. My cell doesn't work well in my home..go figure.

I don't leave a message when calling unless I know it's ok. Explaining how you know someone is problematic for some folks.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
We have a separate line that we use for that. It used to be what we used for dial up before high speed came around.

Center Valley PA
Username hidden
(8910 posts)
we never give our home number.After our first year swinging we decided never to do that as we had one couple talk to our son.They asked him where the party was. When he responded what party, this goofy couple started telling him about the sex party. We only give out our cell number, if thats not good enough oh well not our loss

Sarasota FL
Username hidden
(2069 posts)
Please,be discreet when calling a new couple on the phone and you have to talk on the answering machine you never know who is at the other end??

Naples FL
Username hidden
(229 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 5 of 5 
TOPIC: Phone etiquette