No shows : Swingers Discussion 42787
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSwinger AdviceNo shows
TOPIC: No shows
Created by: Lee7954
Original Starting post for this thread:
Does anyone else have the same problem we do? We have monthly parties and give people plenty of time to schedule it...And we get a bunch of "YES YES YES we will be there" and then never hear from them again much less they show up at the party, Also we get people that are already to meet and then never show up....Is it last minute cold feet? What is it with these people. I have been in lifestyle for over 20 years and this seems to have gotten much worse in last couple of years....Whats your experience with this?

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I like the free members idea a lot.We joined when this site was new.It was not run properly, the people were the same as whats on the other sites.We were not active for a few years. one day I receivced an email saying we had a lot of emails that needed attention.Came back in and have stayed.Started shortly after that with a years plan then lifetime.Free beenfits this site and others *I was sent an email by one site. it took 2 days for the profile and pictures to get up, left one day for us to receive emails. what bogus site .. Now to topic thats about right normally about 25% show . thats the nature of the beast things come up something better to do comes up .Soemtimes they just forget its no big deal.We just had a couple form here beg us to go for drinks the night we chatted,It was the first time in 7 years someone stood us up.So some are just flakes! We have noticed more garbage since oprah show

Sarasota FL
Username hidden
(2069 posts)
If you can get 10% of a yahoo group to actively participate you're doin damn good. I ditto what Jim said, 50% is about the norm for a private house party. I don't know about the big M&Gs, I'd suggest you ask the organizers of some of them.

Mike

Bedford PA
Username hidden
(5527 posts)
Some nice responses...SInce we are a Yahoo group and parties are only for the members we are trying to get at least 30 % of our 150 members to be active and participate in events. We have monthly hotel parties and a sign up sheet on our group site. My co-moderator and I have just been very frustrated with people who sign up and never call, email or show up. Was hoping for some suggestions from everyone....still open ....what do you suggest.

Marietta GA
Username hidden
(63 posts)
We find that private house parties end up with a 50% dropout rate. If you want a party of five couples, invite ten. If you want a dozen couples, invite 2 dozen.

Our friends who host house parties occasionally tell us they have about the same rate of dropouts of their invited guests.

Since private house parties usually consist of couples that the host & hostess know personally and have already played with in the past, it makes sense that they would have a higher attendance rate than if you were simply inviting a bunch of couples from SLS who live in your area, but whom you have never met.

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Thanks "Z" for getting things back on the track. I agree finding a few consistent members who show up for most events is important and we are working towards that. The last party I had 29 people RSVPd and 13 showed up and 10 were all regulars..Thank god for them!

Marietta GA
Username hidden
(63 posts)
This site may well be a private venture, BUT . . .

The Customer is Always Right

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Another factor: we have over a 140 members in our group...and maybe 12% are active...Kinda like on here...with all the members free or not....Only two people have chosen to respond. Way too many LOOKIE LOOS in lifestyle now.

As a club founder its frustrating..I remember in the 90s having to turn people away from parties...Now we have to beg to get enough to make it worthwhile and then 1/3 never show up.

Marietta GA
Username hidden
(63 posts)
VA, you are absolutely correct with the free member comment. Have suggested to the webmaster on a few separate occassion regarding only letting someone have an initial free member period, would weed out so many of the headaches. Two weeks should be enough time to know if you would like to join or not.

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12102 posts)
We haven't noticed a change in the last 2 years, but if the lifestyle HAS changed with the addition of a lot of wannabes and fantasizers, perhaps it's because the idea of swinging is catching on and becoming trendy???

Certainly it's getting more attention from the media. I suppose we shouldn't be surprised if a lot of curious people who are closet wannabes tune in to swinger sites, especially ones like this that permit free members.

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Have said it before, and will say it again, and again, the lifestyle has definitely changed enormously in the past 2 years or so. There are more people that are just the fantasisers, fakes, phonies, or people who would like to try the lifestyle that are actually afraid of experiencing what they desire; then you have the ones who want to date you for sometime before even meeting for a drink. Anyone that has been in the lifestyle prior to a two year period has figured this out. It's about being open-minded, enjoying, have some fun, variety and totally non-judgmental of anyone, just go with the flow. Just my two cents but totally agree it has changed.

Ms. Wildlife

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12102 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
TOPIC: No shows