Insist on a Telephone Conversation! : Swingers Discussion 35719
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSwinger AdviceInsist on a Telephone Conversation!
TOPIC: Insist on a Telephone Conversation!
Created by: BigPecs8 The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 19   End
User Details are only visible to members.
This is one of our hard rules! If she doesn't speak with the she, then there won't be a meeting. We have a cell that we only use for the lifestyle, and always give the other couple the option of calling us, as understandably, many are hesitant about giving out their number. We have never been stood up, or had just a guy show up or any of the other unfortunate incidents that have occurred in meetings..and we attribute a large part of it to this simple practice. We HAVE had quite a few "very interested couples" who went into excuse-overdrive..and that greatly assisted our screening process! And we have yet to meet a serious couple that had any qualms about it..actually quite a few brought it up first. Yes, there probably are serious couples out there who have privacy issues or phone-phobias..but that will just have to be our loss.

Pensacola FL
Username hidden
(1622 posts)
We mostly meet people at Meet N Greets, whether or not we emailed here at SLS first or just met them there first.

The times we just went out to meet someone for a drink and a Look-See (as I call it) I asked ahead if we could swap cell phone numbers or something like that, and then I called the wife (hubby is phone-phobic) mostly to be sure that the number was a real one. I just didn't want a No-Show. For one thing, mistakes can happen where someone goes to the wrong place, or something unexpected comes up and they'll be late. I'd rather know that than sit there wondering if they stood us up.

We have never been stood up, and we have never had anyone cancel on us after we have talked on the phone and confirmed things.

Reading PA
Username hidden
(384 posts)
I KNOW we have been EXTREMELY lucky in our contacts thus far.

The ONLY weird/disconcerting contact we've had is from a a profile that has now disappeared from this site. The original e-mail we got from that profile had "Hey there, can't wait til we can get you in the sack. Write us back." and that was IT!!!!! I ALMOST didn't reply, but I was unable to resist. That profile disappeared the very next day. According to Webby, they requested it be deleted. Umm... I might have been a bit TOO honest when I replied, but don't feel the least bit guilty at having run off an unsure "wannabe".

Ya'll have a great Wednesday:) M-She

Hattiesburg MS
Username hidden
(526 posts)
We agree with Curois and VaLovers. If we feek we're being scammed we just stop right there and look elsewhere. Sometimes a telephone call comes in handy ie; we're lost or we're running late but that's about the extent of it for us. After we've established a relationship the calls between couples become a little more frequent for us than they were in the initial stages of meeting.

Center Valley PA
Username hidden
(9002 posts)
The only way we are different, Curious, is that if based on initial email exchanges we get the feeling we aren't getting the truth, we terminate communication right there. We learned early on that any signs that someone is being less than forthright and honest, or withholding information, is a sign that it's time to scratch that person off the list and move on.

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
I(M-she) worked in telecommunications for almost 10 years with the #2 company. I was on the phone, 5 days a week all day long. I quit that job and one of the things I do NOT miss is being on the phone. We don't insist on a phone call, but if someone WANTS to call us, we'll gladly exchange phone numbers and take that call.

For us, it all depends on the previous initial correspondence. If we feel that we're not being told the truth, we'll insist on a phone call. If the phone conversation request is refused, avoided, ignored...whatever, they get a week, then they get blocked.

It's worked for us so far... hadn't had a no-show/liar yet!

Hattiesburg MS
Username hidden
(526 posts)
We always exchange a few emails, learning more about each other with each one, before meeting. I think over the years I've developed a keen sense about people, and we've never encountered even a single situation where the other "couple" turned out to be not a couple, or anything other than what they said they were.

More than anything, I think, it's getting a "feel" for personalities that gives me confidence to set up a meeting. If someone gives short or curt responses only, doesn't reveal much about themselves, or in any way gives me the impression that they are withholding information or being manipulative, I shut off communication.

By the way, we've NEVER used the phone to talk before meeting. Like you, redstarr, we just feel stupid trying to have a phone conversation with someone we've never met. Obviously a pre-meeting phone check works for some people, but we prefer to learn about people via a few emails and then have our really GOOD conversations over dinner. I can hardly imagine a more awkward scenario than having a phone conversation first and then meeting for dinner and having NOTHING to talk about!

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Webcam

Bedford PA
Username hidden
(5527 posts)
Oh god, the dreaded phone conversation. I have a serious phone-phobia, especially with someone I haven't met. Isn't there any other way to determine that we're real??

Denham Springs LA
Username hidden
(78 posts)
Everyone has their ways of doing things, but for us we would prefer to get out to a club, meet and greet, or even a lifestyle club to make a new contact from the net. Then when things don't go great, which does happen, they don't have our phone number to bother us for weeks on end. We would much rather meet in person in a public place and know whether I want these people to even have our number. If you're out in a fun place anyways it really doesn't matter if they don't show up, have misrepresented themselves in some way, or it's just some guy, all of which is damn annoying, but at least your phone number isn't in their hands. Personally from way back in the past when we too wanted to talk on the phone first, we found most people were really just trying to access whether they were gonna get to play or not.

Rio Rancho NM
Username hidden
(319 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 19   End
TOPIC: Insist on a Telephone Conversation!