I've paid for this site Is it worth it : Swingers Discussion 185223
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSwinger AdviceI've paid for this site Is it worth it
TOPIC: I've paid for this site Is it worth it
Created by: naughtyhands
Original Starting post for this thread:
My husband and I have become paid members of this site. I've posted pics and asked advice in the Better Profiles forum AND refined our profile.

Still, either we get NO interest shown from anyone, no responses from our emails of interest, and have been stood up once.

Is this worth it? How else can we go about finding partners for our naughty fun?

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 17   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Yes we think it's been worth it so far. The advice about clubs is spot on, we've emailed people that were on the sign up list expressing interest and try to meet them at the clubs. Its worked out well so far. We have also met couples that have been email contacts only, but not very many. We think people have pretty high expectations, or possibly a better way to say it is high hopes when they start this journey. The reality of it is often different than the idea of it. Not saying the reality of it is bad by any means, but it is different than what many people think it is. We've met some great people and had the time of our lives, be patient. You will find the people that make it all worthwhile for you. Good luck!

Sterling Heights MI
Username hidden
(13 posts)
Swinging and sites like this are Like anything else you got out of it what you're willing to put into it. That means investing in yourself; know what you want and what you bring to the table. Writing a well written profile that is both positive and upbeat and also allows others to see a bit of your personality not just your preferences. Clear tasteful photos that show your body type .Taking the time to thoroughly read all profiles before sending an email. Making sure that they not only meet your requirement but that YOU meet theirs. Personalizing each email to the person you are mailing. Accepting and expecting rejection. Lastly get out there an meet people via socials, parties and clubs. Successful swinging isn't for the lazy nor the passive; you're going to need to knock on more doors than you will ever answer. As is true for salesmen most have no interest in what you're selling but others will be excited to sample your product. Only you can decide if "It's worth it" We believe the commission is well worth the "cost" to us. Be all you can be...... The few, the proud , the swingers!

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5373 posts)
I would say just be patient and just don't settle for anyone. Just keep e-mailing people of interest and eventually you'll meet someone. Like they say also Fakes and Flakes are always going to be out there. There's no 100% way to avoid them.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(25 posts)
For about the price for two of you to eat out at a cheap restaurant, you can get a year's membership. You'll pay more for a repair contract on your washing machine! (I know, we just sent in the damn check!) So what's one night fulfilling your fantasies worth? What's it worth being invited to a house party with six other hot couples? What's it worth for your wife and you to have an erotic evening that you'll whisper in each others ears about for months to come? What's it worth to have an opportunity to meet friendly and interesting people who will open your minds in ways you haven't even thought about? What's it worth going to meet and greet parties and just dressing up and dancing the night away in a sexy atmosphere - then going home and loving your spouse even more than ever? We take care of what we spend on money on and this membership has paid dividends over and over. We hope that we have made others glad to be here too.

Southington CT
Username hidden
(326 posts)
Worth it depending on what you expect. We like the Clubs, Events, and Hot Dates section. Also enjoy kicking around the Forums. We've arranged some good meetings with other couples at parties and, thanks to the site, had some idea about each other before meeting. I'd guess its the small town issue and not enough fish in the sea your way. We have many small towns in Oklahoma and meet many people from them - but they tend to come to the city.

Oklahoma City OK
Username hidden
(241 posts)
OP, It just might take longer than ~ 1 1/2 months....

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(1218 posts)
I wouldn't give up just yet. Your profile reads well and you have some pics. You may not know it but you can change the sort order of your pictures so your public ones will show along with your profile pic. Right now, they're being hidden and someone has to click on pictures to see them. Maybe there are "meet and greets" you can attend and have someone write a certification that you are "real". It sounds crazy but even one of those will get you a lot more attention. You'll also find that there can be "seasons" to swinging. People are busy and on vacation in the summer. They're also busy the few weeks before Christmas. But there are always parties scheduled for Halloween, New Year's Eve, and Valentine's Day. Be patient, be yourself, and be ready because you'll never know when that good time will occur. I think everyone on this site will agree that when you have that hot, sexy evening, it makes the wait worthwhile. We hope that down the road, you write back on this forum telling us it was finally worth it!

Southington CT
Username hidden
(326 posts)
"UGH....small towns" I hear, and agree with you there haha"

Snowden Canada
Username hidden
(19 posts)
Your SLS profile is the same as your resume'; a sales tool. Sadly, just as with employers, people see so many that they're no longer looking for reasons to accept you...they're looking for any reason at all to reject you, filtering out 99.9% from the start in the name of 'high standards'.

We've been with SLS for many years and have met some really, really nice people here. We've also met a few fakes and flakes, and been stood up a few times. That goes with the territory. Over time we've been members of several different LS sites, and this is the only one that we've stuck with. Our judgment has been that SLS is indeed 'worth it', though you'll have to form your own judgment.

Username hidden
(786 posts)
The profile is so important here. Sadly, many are LOOKING for a reason to reject. I know that sounds crazy, but it's true. People scare easily. As I always say, (when it comes to the profile) say what you MUST say. Leave the rest for conversation at the right time.

Orlando FL
Username hidden
(976 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 17   End
TOPIC: I've paid for this site Is it worth it