How import do others find certifications : Swingers Discussion 223031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSwinger AdviceHow import do others find certifications
TOPIC: How import do others find certifications
Created by: whiskeynites43
Original Starting post for this thread:
I've just really noticed how some couples have been on SLS for years and have few to NO certifications, should this be a red-flag ?
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 39   End
User Details are only visible to members.
certs are just another tool to use. Some people refuse certs so no certs really dose not mean a positive. Some certs say "we met at a party...." also not a positive indication. Read them for yourself and evaluate. Don't forget to look who sent them and how far away from the original people they are.

Greencastle PA

Username hidden
(404 posts)
Sluts? I would think that a strong sexual urge would be desirable in this scene. If you were prudish there are plenty of libraries to visit. We like to be sluts! Put us in your camp please!

Stanhope NJ

Username hidden
(4 posts)
We have a few on another site and 3 of them were posted within a week. Kinda makes us look like sluts when in reality they were within a month. Well, 3 in a month I guess we are slut,s LOL.

Cocoa FL

Username hidden
(10 posts)
I don't find certs to be that important, whether or not we'll play after meeting depends on several things. We've had members who were certified contact us, we exchange a few e-mails, and then they vanish, it's puzzling but it happens. I'd rather chat and meet face to face than put too much faith in the green check mark........

Aurora MO

Username hidden
(13 posts)
We figure if folks are serious enough about meeting others they have either (1) at least met one other couple and left a favorable impression or (2) are serious enough to become paid members at one point or another. Kinda like the resume gets you the interview, but the interview gets you the job... the profile gets you the correspondence, but the meeting gets you the certification. The profile itself (assuming it's filled out) SHOULD be the focus, but now that we are in the "Catfish" age, we look at the cert to see if people are in fact who they say they are (male, female or couple).

Having said that, we have heard that some people start multiple profiles just to certify each of their other profiles so be aware of that also.

Fairview Heights IL

Username hidden
(156 posts)
Should it be a red flag if a couple has no certifications?

Not necessarily- one of the coolest couples we've ever met doesn't have any and doesn't believe in them. We met them at a big hotel party and once we started talking we clicked instantly.

We won't use a Saturday to meet solo with a brand new couple with zero certs; our time is too limited. For us that's what mid-week, group meet and greets are for. Hotel parties and clubs generally have lots of people and good places to hang out and chat. That way if you don't click with a couple you can say thanks for meeting and circulate. Just get out there and meet people :)

Bensalem PA

Username hidden
(1138 posts)
A SF we met in VA just asked me to "re-cert" her for another VA couple she is hoping to meet, so that they would know that we actually met her. I complied. While we didn't do anything sexually with her, we did meet her and share an evening with friends at a local meeting place, so okay, I didn't mind at all certifying that we had done so. As far as really "knowing" her, I can't say that I do, but the one time we met and talked, we enjoyed it.

Gina

San Antonio TX

Username hidden
(7085 posts)
I believe that certs are a handy tool sometimes. They at least give you a feel for if the couple or person actually dose get out and meet people. And you are right, someone on the site for years who has never been certified may raise a question. Just remember that not all people will except certs.

Greencastle PA

Username hidden
(404 posts)
Having certs definitely helps, when it comes down to making plans. We have found that there is a higher percentage of no shows or just picture exchange when dealing with free members. Recently we were quite surprised when a Lifetime member who we had plans most likely got cold feet the day we had planned to get together even after a bit of communication. We noticed that they had no certs.

Orlando FL

Username hidden
(19 posts)
E-Couple, probably not a negative impact. Since declining certs here, and deleting all on the website we were on before coming here, it has been hard to keep up with the amount of mail we get. With certs, it was rare to get anything. But, we do get out and go to various events often. No one has ever said, hold on I need to check your certs when we have met them out and about.

Culpeper VA

Username hidden
(49 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 39   End
TOPIC: How import do others find certifications