Hot tubs, Steam showers, and other cool home appliances : Swingers Discussion 373401021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSwinger AdviceHot tubs, Steam showers, and other cool home appliances
TOPIC: Hot tubs, Steam showers, and other cool home appliances
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   21 to 26 of 26 
User Details are only visible to members.
Our entire deck is built not with wood, but with a synthetic material called Fiberon, a type of plastic. It's maintenance-free and waterproof forever. So any water spillage from the hot tub does no damage.

Believe it or not, RK, we've had 3 deer at once bedded down in the woods right at the edge of our lawn, not 10 yards from our deck! I also feed birds all winter with a combination of 8 different feeders & different foods, and we always have a resident Cooper's hawk or two who hangs out on the edge of our woods and really appreciates my "baiting his tree stand!" LOL

We have a Sundance hot tub, about 3 years old now. It's 8' x 8', and has a lounge seat on one whole side. It still can hold at least 8 people at once at a party, even without any lap sitting, but at parties there is ALWAYS lap sitting. Great jets, and never have had a single issue with it. I change the water every fall and spring, usually AFTER we've had a party at our house. No sense changing the water before a party only to have the guests muck it up with lotions, not to mention any bodily secretions that could spill into the water at a swing party.

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
We also made sure we put an indoor out door ceiling fan in the room to circulate the air. And we put lighting around the upper perimeter of the room. Its decorated in a jungle motif. There is a stainless steel fridge next to the tub, filled with beer, coolers and mixers, as well as acrylic glasses for everyones saftey! We installed the stereo speakers before put the walls up so the wires were not hanging around, and the speakers sit on wooden shelves in the upper corners of the room. If anyone wants to see pics feel free to ask! R & K

Muncy PA
Username hidden
(2914 posts)
Our tub is in a closed in room. Its on the back of the house, with a large slidding glass door over looking the field behind our home. We can sit in the hot tub and enjoy the wildlife. K has been known to sit in the tub with her rifle and watch for a buck during deer season....lol Anyway, when we poured the concrete floor we put a slight slant to it so that the water would run toward the sliding glass door and go out underneath it. Hubby did not put any silicone around the bottom of the door to seal it. It works out great when we have a few friends in the tub. We also made sure we sealed the area where the floor and walls meet so that the moisture will not get into the walls and into the house. So far after a year we have been high and dry. If you want to get an idea of what our tub and room look like there is a pic of R in the tub on our profile. The room was done in all tongue and groove boards on angles with several layers of polyurethane on them. Once everything was nailed into place we slaped another thich layer of urethane on all the walls, ceiling and nails to ensure things were sealed, to avoid warpage. We love our hot tub and room! Anyone care to join us??? R & K

Muncy PA
Username hidden
(2914 posts)
P.S. We'd have loved to set it sunken into the floor, but it's solid bedrock under that floor, we'd have had to blast, lol.

Bedford PA
Username hidden
(5527 posts)
Het Miss, Loves builder chicks, I married one, hehehe. We're building our house ourselves together. Our tub is a Tiger River, about ten years old, very reliable, and has some of the strongest jets I've seen. We have in in one of our basements, next to one of the coal stoves. We're devoting the whole room to the tub and parties. It sits on a concrete floor over the floor drain so spillage is taken care of that way. We're building a stone wall behind it for atmosphere. The wall has a nook in it for sitting drinks and such, and two nooks higher up for candles. Combined with the lower nook and its ledge it looks like a big smiley. We have our keg fridge in the same room and some soft furniture is in the plans. Tv & stereo are allready in place. We light the room with strings of xmas/party lights, they give a warm soft glow but give enough light that people can see where they're walking. Black lights are in the plan too. It's in a daylight basement that opens onto the patio where we have our pool. we're also building a small bathroom on the same level. The wood stove balances excess humidity during heating season, and in the summer we keep the house opened up, so there's no humidity problems then either. We'll be putting pics of it on our profile soon as we get the stonework done.

Bedford PA
Username hidden
(5527 posts)
Many have hot tubs. Let's share information on maintenance, decks, brands, and other helpful information. Here's the first volley.

*I built my tub deck slanted away from our home. The 1/4" per 12" slant allows the extra water to drain off the back, away from the power pak. (Actually, I build all my decks this way.)

*I built the tub deck 16" below the door. There is a access deck built on top of the tub deck. It's 13" high. This allows folks to step horizontally across the tub lip onto the tub bench. No steps.

*I built my access deck with Trex plastic lumber. It develops a "nap" or "fur". It helps prevent slipping. There are no splinters..etc.

*I must recommend PDC spas in PA. I purchased their machine because the innards were of quality and easy to work on. We have had the tub 13 years. The power pak just died. I'm getting a new one. I have replaced several critical parts over the years. They are very helpful with DIY.

That's the latest on the tub.. Mischief a.k.a. builderchick

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   21 to 26 of 26 
TOPIC: Hot tubs, Steam showers, and other cool home appliances