Hot tubs, Steam showers, and other cool home appliances : Swingers Discussion 373401011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSwinger AdviceHot tubs, Steam showers, and other cool home appliances
TOPIC: Hot tubs, Steam showers, and other cool home appliances
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 26   End
User Details are only visible to members.
*Regarding costs. The power pak I'm getting is custom from the same place I originally got the tub. I have NO problem paying. The years of trouble free service, excellent DIY tech help, immediate replacement parts, and pleasant service make doing business with them a dream. I did see the low flow pump on line for ~300. Electric is about $2./day. BTW, the tech guy told me which website was the best!

*I totally agree with Care. He's the expert. I would never put a tub inside. In a separate, small, unheated building, (Gazebo) yes. Your location makes it more likely you will have problems. My tub is 2 steps outside a door.

*If you support a load (weight) you need to account static (non-moving) and (moving or live) load. 400 pounds is fairly close to the lowest I would look for. Add more than one person, get moderately vigorous, one can easily approach the top end.

What you attach it to is of MAJOR importance. Make sure you know exactly what you are doing.

I will put my winch up in the attic. The winch will run down into the bedroom. I will be covering the access hole with a round electrical plate. It will be held in place with magnets. It won't even garner a second look.

*Regarding Va's comments about the "cover" the jets provide. I use the swirling water to cover what is going on underneath also. I would get a tub with jets. You can always not use them.

Have fun.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
We wouldn't ever get a tub without jets. With adequate and well-placed jets, a hot tub is more than just a place to soak in hot water. It also delivers a wonderful massage. If you have aching muscles or suffer from arthritis, this can be a godsend.

Also, when we have people over, Mrs. Valovers likes to have the gentle jets on to roil the water surface so people can't see what she's doing with her hands beneath the surface! :-)

Lastly, although Mrs. Valovers isn't into "toys" or masturbation, a LOT of women we know enjoy positioning themselves strategically at jets!

Jim

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
I'm curious about swings, slings and the like. I made one out of leather.

Are there commercial ones folks like? How about winches? Controls?

Hiding it from prying eyes?

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
I've found the jets don't add to the experience for me. I soak in ours.

Isn't a Japanese tub meant for single person use?

Solarium=indoors?? The tub will produce much airborne moisture. Moisture can easily rot walls.

Wood fired and inside? I'm thinking carbon monoxide risk. Propane may be more convenient. My electric tub is always ready to climb into.

Costs? Expensive but worth it. Anyone with a newer higher insulated tub have a figure? How much per day?

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Thank you so much Mischief. I'll let you know how it goes next spring. If well; it's PARTY TIME!

Kirk

Muncie IN
Username hidden
(66 posts)
Tubs are supported from the bottom. There's much too much weight to be lip supported. Watch out for any insect nests when moving it. The pumps in my old powerpak were Jacuzzi also. Before attaching the plumbing, I would fill it with plain water and flush all the plumbing. This is also the time to test the water tightness.

Mischief

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Thanks for the advice, Mischief. I think it's actually a 'Jaccuzzi' brand. I don't know if the power pack's bad or not. It just looks to be in poor shape. It was stored outside under the shell. This is a pretty old tub, I think. It's octagonal with a seat running around it. No fancy lounges, but Jen and I like this type best anyway. I have just been waiting to start testing. There's no hurry. We're not going to give our landlords a free hot tub. LOL When you build your decks, does the tub get/need support from the bottom, or is it more like a sink and get support from around the sides?

Kirk

P.S. Thanks for the heads-up on Plato's, we've been considering taking the drive. Apollo beach is much closer for us, though.

Muncie IN
Username hidden
(66 posts)
Kirk:

Find out the brand and model of the tub. Contact the manufacturer. I'm getting a power pak built as we speak. It has to be custom for the tub. Mine is an older model (13 years) tub. I called the company I bought it from. Most tubs are now 110v. Newer tubs are better insulated. They don't need the same level of heat.

The power pak is customized. Mine requires: *2 pumps. Low (1-1/2HP,2 stage) High (3-1/2HP) *4, 1-1/2" valve set up. *220v, 70A, with a 11Kw heater. *Filter on tub rim, not next to power pak.

Replacement valves, power pak, and a couple of other parts...runs... $1.6K The company, PDC is very, very good with DIY. Pump schematics are available online.

Your first task, verifying the tub & plumbing is intact and leak proof. Put the tub ON a suitable deck, porch, or concrete pad. I build my hot tub decks to accommodate 5000 pound "lively" load. Make sure to plan for a power cut off. This is easily done with an outside box w/a circuit breaker.

My favorite beach is Haulover. I've been to Plato's Repeat, Miami Velvet. The Platos building was more interesting than the people..the night I went. Sigh.

Mischief.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
We've got a big hot tub. Let me see if I can remember the brand...Oh, Yeah! Free! It's not installed yet, we're in a lease until April, but a neighbor had it sitting out back to install and never did. They were spring cleaning, and I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. It'll most likely need a power pack and heater. Anyone know any good do-it-yourself sites to get info and parts? Mischief, if you're in FL next spring, I could probably use a hand.

Kirk

Muncie IN
Username hidden
(66 posts)
My tub is outside. It has a Gazebo cover. The Gazebo allows for climate control if it's very windy. It looks out into the trees.

I'm specing a steam shower for my addition. It will be a 2 seater. Steam is nice for hydrating skin, sinuses, and relaxing. I'm interested in Baltic Spas in PA. Anyone know anything about these.?

Consider a zero clearance gas fireplace near the tub. It's easy to install, works by remote control, and maintains the room temp when we are not using it. I've bedded quite a few on the fur rug in front of the fire place.

The set up consists of a converted to 2 season porch containing the fireplace. Access at one end to the hot tub. The other end has access to a sun deck w/ stick built, screened, gazebo. The deck is private. Nude sunbathing is not a problem.

We drain the tub about every 3 months. It's drained after parties. Agree. No sense draining it before.

Most folks should realize that putting a hot tub inside causes all kinds of moisture problems, if you don't plan very, very, carefully. I will post a pic or two soon.

Any other comfort devices? What about sunken beds.. swings?

If I had it to do over again, I would put a floor level bed in front of the fireplace. Complete with cover and rug for camouflage.

Mischief

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 26   End
TOPIC: Hot tubs, Steam showers, and other cool home appliances