Hot tubs, Steam showers, and other cool home appliances : Swingers Discussion 37340101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSwinger AdviceHot tubs, Steam showers, and other cool home appliances
TOPIC: Hot tubs, Steam showers, and other cool home appliances
Created by: mischiefnyou
Original Starting post for this thread:
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 26   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Built my own hot-tub, sunken, in our house, next to the Livingroom (see our Profile) Our heat system is a wood water boiler" The Hardy" piped in to the Central air sytem and is about 65' from the house It is our 5th season No problen the only work is cuting the wood and we call this exercise. We use ours 2 times a day it is heaven . I repair them within 65 miles around us, all makes. Some times they are a lot of FUN to work on LOL. Libbymax

South Shore KY

Username hidden
(2 posts)
Agree on the 220v. The GFI is included in the power pack. An electric cut off near the tub can be had for about $100. It's an outdoor box with a large (50A) circuit breaker in it. (Square D)

I ran my wire through Carflex.

Like any toy it's not cheap. About a $1/day for electric. I have a very old (lacks insulation) tub. If you have a stressful job, and like to go out after work. Nothing beats it for fixing what's wrong with you.

An investment that's been well worth it.

Wet Mischief

Glen Burnie MD

Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Sundance spas are one of the best out there.

La Habra CA

Username hidden
(715 posts)
Plastic development corporation. PDC.

Had one of their spas for 13 years. If you do your own work on mechanical things, they will help you work on it.

Suggest a Gazebo or roof Suggest sinking the hot tub 12" lower than the access deck. This eliminates stairs. Suggest no fancy seating..buckets, chaises and the like. Bench seating is better.

Good luck.

Wet Mischief

Glen Burnie MD

Username hidden
(2783 posts)
We've had a Sundance spa for 3 years, and it's been just wonderful. By all means ask for an "Ozonator" when you purchase your spa. It will drastically reduce the amount of chemicals you will need to add to maintain your water quality.

South Riding VA

Username hidden
(8172 posts)
I'd like to revive this thread, if I may. We are considering the addition of a hot tub to our back yard. I'm very interested in brand recommendations. So far, I have focussed on Sundance and Vita Spa. Are there other I should consider? Also, one of my local dealers has a lot of pre-owned spas. Has anyone had any experience with these?

Atlanta GA

Username hidden
(17 posts)
Familiar with vapor barriers and thier imperfect state. Good paint will help greatly. ;) I deal mainly with old houses. Nothing about them is tight. (good thing)

New construction and yes access from basement. I will email you directly.

Glen Burnie MD

Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Misschief, If your walls are insulated with a moisture barrier (kraft facing is sufficient) moisture will condense on the surface, not the cavity.

As far as heat sinks go, yes I've combined them with wood stoves before. The big questiopn first is, do you have a basement under where you intend to build this fireplace? If not, the heat sink idea becomes more complicated, but can still be done.

Bedford PA

Username hidden
(5527 posts)
I too thought about the dryness of the winter air. I would get a humidity gauge.

The risk involves water vapor condensing in the wall space. Not ok.

I have a zero clearance Fire place. I am planning to install another in my addition.

I would love to have the type of heat exchanger you described. I looked for one. No one knew what I was talking about.

I want to trap the residual heat for a radiant heat floor set up. I'm planning a granite mosaic in front of the fire place. I want to use the granite as a heat sink.

Have you coupled a wood stove with a heat sink?

Mischief aka builderchick..

Glen Burnie MD

Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Woods, I'm familiar with the fire appliance you mentioned, it should work in the application you described. The dryness of a fire appliance along with outside air brought in for it should counter any humidity problems from the tub. Watch for condensation on the walls in the room you have it in, if you see any simply increase ventilation slightly till it stops. I have quite alot of experience with fire appliances, construction, set up, and opperation, feel free to email me with any questions and I'll be glad to help yas out.

Bedford PA

Username hidden
(5527 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 26   End
TOPIC: Hot tubs, Steam showers, and other cool home appliances