Getting tested, how many couples do How often : Swingers Discussion 208826
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSwinger AdviceGetting tested, how many couples do How often
TOPIC: Getting tested, how many couples do How often
Created by: newbeginnings76
Original Starting post for this thread:
The wife and I were talking about swinging and the topic of VD testing came up. It sounds like a good idea to us. How prevalent is frequent testing in the swinging world? How frequent is frequent? How often does the topic come up when you meet new people? Does everyone show their papers when they go out to meet? (Sigh, I can't get away from paperwork in ANY part of my life can I?)

Since we are new to this we have yet to be tested. It should be an interesting conversation with the family Dr.

We have also (wisely) decided that condom use is a must for ALL play. Even though I am V safe. How common is this?

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Full panel twice a year and/or a few days after an "accident" (condom breaking, body fluid exposure at work) with no playing until tested and negative results confirmed.

Good for you for bringing it up and being concerned! It is our experience that not a lot of people want to talk about this although it is a very real danger.

Be safe and have fun.

Marlton NJ
Username hidden
(6 posts)
We've been swinging for over seventeen years and get a full panel of tests run every six months. I get tested in the summer, she gets tested in the winter. Obviously, the more you play, the more often you should be tested. We don't play very much at all these days. It's a matter of personal preference, safety, and consideration for others.

Username hidden
(786 posts)
Thanks all. We appreciate the information and feel better about the issue.

Chicago Heights IL
Username hidden
(12 posts)
Back when I got started in this I was like a kid in a candy shop and was meeting new people all the time. I got the basic panel of tests every month or two. Which was probably over-cautious since I'm a condom person for everything but oral.

More recently I've limited the number of playmates, and get the basic panel about every three months, and a full panel annually.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
welcome new beginnings,

How common is using condoms? We would say very.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7484 posts)
a lot more people read the forum then post on the forum (or some rarely post....Good Morning Mr Caretaker)

How often you should get tested would vary. Swing often with lots of different partners? You should be tested more often.

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
Don't fear talking freely with your doc. They have seen and heard much, and frankly swinging is probably one of the most tame issues brought up to them.

Frequency the doc can help with too. Simply put, there is no one answer. If you have symptoms, test immidiately, even if the last test was just a few weeks before. If you play very rarely, and with very few new partners, once a year testing we were told is more than enough.

So far, we have come back clear. Hope it continues.

Harmony FL
Username hidden
(192 posts)
As a rule of thumb at least twice a year , I would not be very happy if my manhood fell off after turning green , yikes!

Eldorado IL
Username hidden
(33 posts)
2 weeks, several hundred views.... one reply. I think I have my answer.

Do they make steel belted, radial condoms?

Chicago Heights IL
Username hidden
(12 posts)
I get tested every 6 months with a full panel.

Memphis TN
Username hidden
(3586 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
TOPIC: Getting tested, how many couples do How often