Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Swinger Advice › Face pics
TOPIC: Face_pics
Created by: Dragonfly33
Original Starting post for this thread:
Ok, A couple wants to meet us but wont send face pics because it makes them uncomfortable, thats seems to be like a red flag right? They said, trust us we are not hidious looking. Just making sure I'm not the weird one. Thanks

1  2  3  4  5  Next »
1 to 10 of 46
User Details are only visible to members.
Who would really expect you to take the next step to enter increased sexual intimacy but NOT think that you would need a picture before you burn your time on the process?

If you're normal, then 98% of the population is not compatible and pictures are essential for any interest at all.

I don't think it makes them creeps or predators -- it makes them not too smart and not considerate of others.

Brookhaven MS
Username hidden
(154 posts)
Different people have different reasons for doing different things. Just because you may find it to be no big deal, or even can't understand their reasons, does not make them "hideous" or "bad" or whatever.

I prefer not to upload mine to a web server, and am a little perturbed at how comfortable other people are with doing it, but hey, that's me. I will however email them.

Either way, I'm willing to meet even if I haven't seen them. Worst case, I got out of the house and had some conversation with new people. Maybe I make new friends even if we don't play, maybe we do play, maybe none of the above but I still got t o go out and enjoy myself.

Look at it another way - some people look worse in real life than their pics, most (in my experience) look better (than their pics). And you also have no way of knowing how recent the pic is, if it's even them, or if they just had a disfiguring accident last week. It's almost always going to be the exact same "risk" whether you see a pic or not.

Plus pics don't tell the whole story either - voice, body language, confidence, personality, etc, etc. Can't get that from pics, or even chat. So yeah, I kinda disregard that, if the profile seems interesting, and we seem to have stuff in common, I'm up for meeting, having a drink, and seeing where it goes.

All that said, you're not "weird" for being a little concerned, it's human nature I guess. Of course it's been over a thousand days.... whatever happened?

Aston PA
Username hidden
(380 posts)
My option would be that your not the weird ones. Or maybe better words to use {not the insecure ones about really having a meet & greet } or not really real or not really sure that swinging is for them even if it's just a meet & greet...no does mean no just meeting in person doesn't mean anything other then the basic first step.

face pics or a web cam hello and exchanging phone numbers are a given for a real meet and greet one on one with couples or single swingers.

The only exception would be to agree to meet at a sponsored swingers mixer.

Not having face pics on ones profile isn't a bad choice for anyone. But if they make first contact verification that they are real is their responsibility.

Username hidden
(4685 posts)
know I'm bringing up an old topic BUT I have to say this: we got a message from my cousin asking to meet up with her and her husband for drinks....now I am very glad I did not have face pics up because then she would know and I am just not comfortable with that. We live in a large city but STILL we have met people on here that we know...our lives are not the lifestyle and we will not sacrifice it to make people feel "its fair." It's about what you're are comfortable with and you have to be honest about that (and not judged for it). Face pics or no face pics, be honest about your expectations in your profile. You should be wary of no face pics - yes - but it is not the only thing...just don't make snap judgments or you might miss out on something great. and in the end - really is a drink or two of your time really so precious? So you might not want to jump into bed, but you might meet new and interesting people that you can be friends with...just saying, life gives you lemons, make lemonade :)

New York NY
Username hidden
(16 posts)
You are not weired one.We are not meeting people without knowing whom we are going to meet.No one into wasting time.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(261 posts)
In regard to old pictures. There is absolutely no reason anyone should be giving out pictures that are more than 1 year old. I don't care if you don't think you have changed it's not the point. I see this as a point of honesty. If you can't present recent pictures or a clear webcam image then most people are going to assume you have something to hide.

Also a good point. For those that like to verify on Webcam. Please, Please consider getting a desk light.

Most webcams are on or beside the computer. The lighting for most rooms is in the center of the room. This creates a situation where the person on the webcam has most of the room lighting behind them which makes them dark or just shy of a shadow.

I have had people compliment on how clear the webcam image is. All I have is a $20 webcam with a desk light.

Sandston VA
Username hidden
(195 posts)
Not hypocritical. We send face pics to all who ask pics of us and all that we request pics of. I have no problem with anyopne posting pics (or not) per se. I have a problem with people who send ANCIENT pics (10, 20, 30 years old), and YES, people actually send those *wtf*. I prefer to see something that actually LOOKS like the person. Our pics are recent (meaning this year, this month, this week) as opposed to 30 year old pics of when you were in a rock band back in the 70's and look NOTHING like you did then. That's hardly hypocritical. That's putting it in perspective.

If someone sends old pics I view that (now) as a red flag. Digital cameras are cheap and just about any 3 year old can operate one. They practically upload themselves onto the computer.

BTW, we only send vanilla pics. Just another way to confound the pic collectors. We figure if you don't have enough of an imagination to figure out what we might look like with our clothes OFF, you probably don't have enough imagination to figure out what to do with us to get them off. LOL

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
Randyguy, that was lesson #2495 *S* Lesson #1 was "don't take anything personally ";-) It's an on going education LOL

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
ahh....the quick escape!

Pelham AL
Username hidden
(315 posts)
Randyguy...that's exactly what we did. Didnt' even have the 2nd drink *L*

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
1  2  3  4  5  Next »
1 to 10 of 46
TOPIC: Face pics
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.