Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Swinger Advice Discovered Son's Profile
TOPIC: Discovered Son's Profile
Created by: jennyand1 The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 23   End
User Details are only visible to members.
The privacy issue is precisely why we don't cert or accept certs (and we could have plenty, trust us). It's nobody's business who we play with. Yeah, I suppose there might be some people who wouldn't care if they were outed to family or vanilla friends, but that wouldn't be us.

Charlotte NC
Username hidden
(566 posts)
ST; One could hypothesize the same about non-family, non-co-worker, non-neighbor swingers that one has played with. In a divorce (or other high-drama) situation, it's too easy to throw the baby out with the dishwater and drag friends, family and acquaintances into the fight. If an ordinary swinging couple divorces, are they less likely to attempt to make points with the judge by outing their spouse than might family, neighbors, or co-workers? By that argument, one should never play with a married or committed couple of any sort.

I've heard and read of swingers being outed by virtue of police raids and divorce proceedings, but still maintain that it's extremely rare. Of course, that's no consolation to the ones outed. I guess we'll have to respectfully agree to disagree. :-)

Username hidden
(781 posts)
Jack,

I may be sensitive to the way you said it because I've heard it said so may times -- and as you can tell, I think it's not good advice.

Here's the thing about family and friends. If a couple is having trouble with their marriage, and there's a custody battle, the family and friends may be called upon to take sides. If that involves protecting a family member against a person who married into the family, they may view that as a sacrifice to their reputation that they have to make. If it's a custody battle, being a swinger could well be a serious strike against the person, particularly if friends and family testify that the bad spouse made the good spouse participate and that the swinger would continue the lifestyle to the detriment of the kids (going to parties until all hours, bringing "those people" into the home, etc, etc.).

Keeping a job, or success in your own business might depend on reputation as well. Lots of scenarios for this.

In some ways, I think family and friends knowing what you do is the least safe of all, even if they do it too.

ST

Kitty Hawk NC
Username hidden
(271 posts)
StGalacouple; Even though we've never met or known of someone being outed either maliciously or cluelessly, I admit that you do have a point. (Perhaps we've led sheltered lives). Given the nature of the 'net and the number of clueless people out there, I readily grant you that. I still maintain, however, that family and friends who are also on SLS are unlikely to want to out themselves by outing others. Of course, the hazard can be Much greater if it's someone with little or nothing to lose. Should one cross paths with a relation, co-worker, or just a vanilla friend known to be gossipy, vindictive, clueless, or otherwise undesireable company, by all means...use the 'block' button. :-)

LOL...if you knew us, you'd know that I'd be the Last person to state that "our way of doing things is the only correct way". We're more "different strokes for different folks" types. Apologies if my phraseology came across otherwise.

Username hidden
(781 posts)
to use a Miss Kibbs expression {peculator burp}

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17870 posts)
Agree, VA!

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(18042 posts)
*If* that were my Uncle, I'd tell him that he was a big-time asshole.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20483 posts)
They posted the pics on their profile and they kept IMing me. wanting to chat, even after I turned down their chat request. i warned them, prior to meeting them, that I knew them. that only interested THEM more

Lyons NY
Username hidden
(340 posts)
That is creepy on so many levels!

agreed!

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2138 posts)
Wow! You let them send you pics, like that and didn't even let her know who you were first. That is creepy on so many levels!

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(18042 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 23   End
TOPIC: Discovered Son's Profile