Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Swinger Advice Dear Abby: Online Etiquette verses Online Frust
TOPIC: Dear Abby: Online Etiquette verses Online Frust
Created by: penbuttons The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
User Details are only visible to members.
ROFLMFAO Va

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
It's better to kiss & tell than not to kiss at all, right? OOOps! Wrong thread!

ROFL

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Sorry Toyz, I reread as well and see where it looks ambiguous. The person in question is a very nice person and so I didn't ream them but did say it really wasn't appropriate and asked it not happen again. It was a long the lines of: well you know (insert real name here), when I answered to the negative, I was then told the screen name, without having asked. It just seems to happen a lot lately and rubbed a sore spot. Open minded should not mean open with information.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
Toyz, please read my post again. It says I told the person it was inappropriate. Yes, I stop that line of conversation when it happens. It's harder to do that in an e-mail though and it is impossible to know before hand when someone does it to me. But, I certainly express my displeasure if I find out and make certain they never know something personal about me again.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
Thanks Poly. Glad you didn't mind me using your name but as I said, we've chosen to make it obvious in here, we have contact outside the forums. I certainly didn't want someone assuming I was referring to you. You possess too much maturity and class for that. Someone wants to discuss something I've publicly posted, you bet! Talk amongst yourselves. But it sure disappoints me to think I could tell someone information directly and they feel it's their perogative to share it. L <didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday but is occassionally surprised when people my age act like they did>

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
BUMP!!!!! Because I wanted to! I just got off the phone with a friend from here and decided to add some thoughts extending just the online manners to what happens when forum friendships develop into more personal contact. And before anyone jumps to conclusions, to any regular poster, it's quite obvious Poly and I are in quite regular contact. The friend in question was not her. The person knows who they are and knows that I was trying to be helpful in the conversation. I personally do not think it is appropriate to divulge personal information about one SLS member to another without their permission, no matter how much you trust them. Not just from this individual but others as well, I have been told: real names, occupations, real locations, direct e-mails, people's personal problems, etc. You get the drift. Now I often post our real first names in here. But I would never tell someone elses unless they routinely say their name. Nor do I pimp out my friends...."write so and so, they have this, this and this in common with you." WE choose who knows what about us in our "real life". No one else should make that choice for us or others, no matter how well meaning they are.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
we do not see anything wrong with anyone sending an instant message.Personally if you have an im on you should feel that your going to get an im.Ims are a much better way of chatting with another and more personal then an email. Chat etiquette: Be nice,Its not to be used for vengence or to try and prove that your better or smone else is wrong or try to belittle them.Two wrongs have never equal right.Don't take yourself so serious, have fun. It cracks me up when I see two or more people get so angry on line about something that is so minor. For that matter to get upset about whatever is said on line. Just how serious can anyone be while sitting in a chair typing on keys staring into a tv monitor and thinking that they have made some really cool and neat friends that they have never met and most likely will never meet. Try to treat people well.I know when anyone ever asks me how I am doing I am always saying peachy,fabulous,great etc and then ask them how their day was.To me to say a good thing and to get them to say something good about themselves means so much more then trying to belittle anyone for what they have said or have done. A quick hello how are ,you can mean quite a bit to all of us , just like being out in real time and saying hello and smiling at someone.Acknowledge someone that you have never acknowledge before and watch that person say hello to you without saying hi to them first it may take a few times but it works!Remember chat is inclusive not exclusive

Sarasota FL
Username hidden
(2069 posts)
Penn,

Great idea for a topic, While I have posted a few comments in the forums I do often wonder when is it safe to IM some one on this site? For the most part wait till we have at least E-Mailed them. What do you find that works for you?

Elkridge MD
Username hidden
(479 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
TOPIC: Dear Abby: Online Etiquette verses Online Frust