Couples who repeatedly cancel dates : Swingers Discussion 207219
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSwinger AdviceCouples who repeatedly cancel dates
TOPIC: Couples who repeatedly cancel dates
Created by: erictami6944
Original Starting post for this thread:
We're curious about others thoughts. How many cancellations are too many. I feel the line is different for first meets as opposed to established relationships. Whats your cutoff number?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
User Details are only visible to members.
When we meet a couple online we insist first on having at least one certification and an actual telephone conversation between the ladies beforehand. It really helps to weed flakes out and not waste our time. As for people who cancel after that we usually just tell them what social we will be at next and if they really want to meet us then it will have to be there. If someone is really interested in you then they will have no problem with that ;)

Username hidden
(61 posts)
Moveon

Tucson AZ
Username hidden
(4489 posts)
We currently have the same situation. The couple canceled a few hours before meeting, twice. Yeah, we gave them a second chance. We picked a place to meet that was between the both us for both times. Guess it was too far of a drive(15 mins tops). Seems they are only interested in meeting us in their back yard(30 min drive for us) on week nights @ 9-10 pm, and we both have to get up early the following morning for work. Then when my guy is out of town for work they are even more persistent to meet.

In chats with the female half and a guy contacts them to chat, they get bent out of shape about it like its a bother to them. So I sit there thinking that we are a couple and and there is going to be a female and male involved. I don't see where they are showing an equal interest in both of us. They never asked once to chat with him.

We have made it clear we unable to meet that late do to work schedules plus we were moving on but they still continue to want to meet. Sometimes people just don't get it.

We went with our gut feeling and passed, and so far its been right. We just didn't feel that they were being considerate of us.

Stonington CT
Username hidden
(10 posts)
ask for a contact number where the girls can voice on the phone...Its what we call the Poser Ender. We would not give anyone More then two chances.

Lynbrook NY
Username hidden
(17 posts)
Me i look at it like this 4 times canceling is too much.

Falls City OR
Username hidden
(364 posts)
Most of us would rather have a date cancelled than be stuck on a bad date. There are many reasons to cancel, including just being in a bad mood that you know isn't going away soon.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
erictami it really goes with the situation and the couple. With me, it is very hard for me to cement anything in stone. We have had many times where we planned on going out and had to stay close to home due to my issues. I do not like it, but I can go to sleep feeling great or have a great day and get alot done...and wake up barely able to get out of bed. BUT if its merely they do not tell you or no show...its up to you and your tolerance level.

Username hidden
(23995 posts)
If they cancel we put the ball in their court and tell 'em to drop us a line when they're ready to get together again, then we forget about 'em. If they cancelled for a legitimate reason, they'll get back to you. Can't remember ever having someone get back with us and cancel a second time.

If you're getting more than a few cancellations consider tightening up your screening process. Noticed that your profile is only a few months old; it's not unheard of for single males, or married men without wife's knowledge, to have a couples profile to bait a new couple into trading pics, camming, chat, etc. They'll even set up a time to meet to seem legit, but then cancel or be a no show. Warning signs include wanting you to email pics off site, free members, and long time members with no certs.

Virginia Beach VA
Username hidden
(313 posts)
A cancel of a 1st date with a few days notice or a last minute cancellation with an excuse/reason I actually believe I would give them a second chance. A second cancelled 1st date and we're done and will not waste any more time scheduling with them, meet them at a party we're attending maybe. If it is a repeat playmate the same would apply , I might cute a little slack if a true emergency came up but if I felt they simply cancelled to explore new grounds or had a better offer we'd be done . When I was dating after my divorce 6 years ago I had a very firm rule. If you haven't asked me out by Tuesday we will not be going out the weekend. I'm not going to be your last minute plan, other plans fell through , or you just learned so and so is busy. By Tuesday night I am firming up my weekend plans and you're simply too late lol. I guess that means I expect if you want to be with me you make the time and you make a plan and unless catastrophe strikes I expect you to be there. In the swinging venue we utilize the same philosophy. We don't cut strangers a lot of slack no matter how hot we might think they are.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5464 posts)
We're curious about others thoughts. How many cancellations are too many. I feel the line is different for first meets as opposed to established relationships. Whats your cutoff number?

Crystal Lake IL
Username hidden
(2 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
TOPIC: Couples who repeatedly cancel dates