Certifications : Swingers Discussion 221803
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSwinger AdviceCertifications
TOPIC: Certifications
Created by: Tempenewbies
Original Starting post for this thread:
I (male half) haven't seen this come up in the forums, so here goes: What's the true value, if any, of certifications? We've seen profiles which explicitly state that the couple doesn't give or accept certs. Most of the rationales were somewhat along the lines that they didn't want anyone to know who they'd played with.

When we first started out, we tended to look askance at profiles with a ton of certs. Kind of made us feel that the couple would fuck anything in sight, and was doing so 24/7/365 (which creeped us out a little). But as we got to know a few of these folks in M&G situations, it didn't seem the case. Most quite nice folks, and to be fair, a lot of people have been in the LS a hell of a lot longer than we have, so a lot of certs probably makes sense.

In any case, we don't care whether we have three certs or thirty. And we're certainly willing to compliment a couple when we get to know and play with them and have an awesome time. So the question is whether the presence, lack, or number of certs makes any difference when you evaluate a profile?

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 19   End
User Details are only visible to members.
We are somewhat new to SLS. I was told by one couple we don't do certs cause its nobodys business who we played with. Well OK that is their choice.

I don't feel we need a cert from everyone or anyone we played with. Just a couple of certs ftom friends saying we meet them they are nice. is all we feel matters. Just saying they are a real couple is all.

We would never send certs to anyone we felt were weirdos or assholes.

Hamburg NY
Username hidden
(71 posts)
The lifestyle is just like high school, disturbingly so at times. Certs determine your "league". Remember that term? Ye shall be judged by them, or even by the lack of them. There's no escaping it, it's human nature.

One of the couples in our certs currently has 86 of their own. They rock. We love them. They're one of a a handfull of couples we call friends. That word means more to me than it seems to for many other people, again, just like high school.

Hilliard OH
Username hidden
(366 posts)
We see far more positives in having certifications than not. We did not accept them in our first couple years, though we wrote several for others. The more active we became, the more useful we found them to be in finding others. We rarely have taken the time to make a date with those who don't have any. That's what social events are for. We never have problems with fakes, flakes and drama this way. Most of our certs are sincere, well written and we appreciate how those we know describe us to others. No, we haven't "done" everyone that has certed us (only 2/3 of them lol), but we would ! Having many of them also turns off the couples we wouldn't want to be with anyway ! We really enjoy the fun we have, and we'll let those who care to know us validate us as the really good people we believe we are...

Worthington OH
Username hidden
(136 posts)
Certs are only an indication that the couple is real. Certs are no indication of compatibility. Sounds like the couple was real.

Virginia Beach VA
Username hidden
(313 posts)
Well we are convinced the cert system is a joke.

Example.

We had a couple from the south up here visiting wanting to meet us. They had a lot of certs saying how wonderful they were and how they made everyone comfortable. They wanted to meet so we had to do the g/g phone chat to confirm we are real prior to meeting, and that's when it all went south, literally.

The phone call started questioning our couple status. Are we married, if we were married to each other, and how long? All this clearly stated on our profile. This woman had no clue. Then she went on a rant on how people from New England are very unfriendly, and in the next the next breath "so when are you free to meet" ????? Got to admit the wife was a trooper through the conversation, I could see she wanted to tear her a new one, but she didn't.

After the call we discussed what took place in the phone conversation and we both had a wtf moment.

We are convinced that people that have certs "could" literally be jerks to others and get a away with it. Not like this site allows you to give negative feed back.

Anyway we sent a massage stating if they got issues with people from New England, why would want to meet us. The fact we had to do the g/g phone call and the female knew nothing about us prior to the phone call made us wonder what type of communication was taking place on their end. We told them the days we were free, and the picked the times we were busy. Like they didn't listen to a word we said. In the end we passed, guess we were unfriendly after all. lol

We could care less having certs or not. We had them in the past and didn't feel they made a difference for us. Think most people here are able to develop their own opinion about others without being persuaded by certs from others.

Just out two cents.

Stonington CT
Username hidden
(10 posts)
When we first joined to lifestyle it was important for us to get a few certs just to prove that we were a real couple. Since then we haven't really thought about it or asked any of our friends to post a certification for us. (We could certainly come up with current ones and maybe it isn't a bad idea to keep a more current one on file) I wouldn't judge another couple by their certs because they can accept or deny them so it is not a true score card. I like to see that a couple has one or two just to prove they are really a couple. It is nice to see a single guy with good ratings from couples. That might make me more likely to meet him. Other than that, I don't give them much weight in my decision of whether or not we would meet someone.

Richland WA
Username hidden
(14 posts)
Would you want to hang out with someone who has been going to the same place for two or three years, and few people if anyone has anything good to say about them or will even admit having met or knowing them? I sure wouldn't...who would?

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3841 posts)
PP I am so happy to see you read what I wrote even though you have me blocked . For the largest and best party thrower (your claim) in the midwest you should have 1,000 s of certs? My point stands , if they didn't Cert you it didn't happen by YOUR OWN STATEMENT which means you got laid once out of 46 people who actually met you. The other 45 simply went to you party and felt obligated to cert you..... I am sure at your request in order to be admitted into that inner circle LOL Oh yes my little friend word does get around, you forget I spent years in your area and your reputation isn't the best and a complete turn off for swingers with any sense of class and/ or discrimination or heaven help them preferences that don't suit your crowd like preferring to find folks they're attracted to instead of opportunists who will have sex with who ever strips down first at one of your parties. Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5353 posts)
Funny thing, the fewer certs people have, the less important they seem to think they are

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3841 posts)
"Certs or it never happened"

So basically what the highly successful party thrower (subjective) is saying is that he runs 4 clubs and has only meet 46 people/couples and most of them are simply patting him on the back for the party they attended. I mean after all CERT OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. I really have no issue with Certs one way or the other and personally I dislike Certs that are mere personal opinion about our sexual involvement. I don't need or want a sexual review on my profile but if his comment stands as it was stated this guy isn't even getting laid, he is merely providing an outlet for others to get laid. Very noble of him I'd say.

Naked Bowling anyone, it seems to be the highlight of his parties LOL Visually I can't imagine a sight much more repulsive than that but I'm not really into nudist activities of a nonsexual nature.

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5353 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 19   End
TOPIC: Certifications