Being blocked : Swingers Discussion 206136101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSwinger AdviceBeing blocked
TOPIC: Being blocked
Created by: mwsw4
Original Starting post for this thread:
This is the second time we have emailed a couple on sls to say hello and see if they were interestedthat instead of a no thanks we were blocked.And another time we noticed we were blocked by a couple we never emailed or met. Any insight to why this happens?

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 23   End
User Details are only visible to members.
lost.... we dont take it personal. is just why be so stupid as to block you just because you said no. is like little kids lol. thats all. we dont lose any sleep. is just a comment. but never personal.

Jamaica NY
Username hidden
(882 posts)
the one thing though I hate more then being blocked is not being responded to at all. I think people should at least have to the courtosey to say no thank we are not interested.

Now on the blocking we block for one reason and one reason only: single males who cannot take the hint that at the time we are not looking for any single/ or males with play partners that are not playing.

Falls City OR
Username hidden
(364 posts)
their loss anyway!!"

oye y'all...you take it so personally, as if they are saying you are bad people. As if they are saying you smell funny or something, a personal attack. I love how people scream about others behaving in an immature manner and then say "nany nana, your loss anyways". lol. Because someone blocks you it does not mean they personally hate you or wish ill of you. And if they do not like you, so what? Do you think everyone is going to like you? Instead of worrying about the immaturity of others and who is blocking who and why....focus on each other and having a great time. Because I am sure the ones that blocked you are having their fun, why allow them to ruin yours.

Username hidden
(23992 posts)
lccouple, have you bothered to read the posts after your previous "stupid, inmature" comment? Many mature and intelligent people have figured out how to reduce the "clutter" of profiles which are incompatible, by blocking those profiles.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
we understand about not taking it personal when someone blocks us, but we were just blocked by supposedly a "very intelligent, secure couple". really?? intelligent? just because they were so persistent and we did not match we were blocked. so stupid and inmature. all we wrote back was a simple"no, thanks . good luck". their loss anyway!!

Jamaica NY
Username hidden
(882 posts)
First off how do you know you have been blocked? Personally though I block for several reason. 1)Either the person or couple is rude or does not have a clue. 2) They can't take no for an answer. 3) It is hard to keep track of everyone on this site and there names. If you know you are diffidently not interested it is much easier to block them than it is to keep track of everyone.

Username hidden
(63 posts)
I know we have been blocked by people from all over the country. Some of our friends have messaged for us to find out why. and most all of them said its there way of filtering. When they are coming to this area rather than searching everytime. They look the first time and if people don't meet what they want they block so when next time they search its a shorter search. Kinda sucks but thats what they do. i bet they have a big block list. don't let it discourage you. We look at it as there loss.

Lynchburg VA
Username hidden
(51 posts)
Sweet, the X feature should work if you open a saved search and click "edit", then click "save & search". Kind of a PITA, but it will screen out profiles you have marked with the red X.

Virginia Beach VA
Username hidden
(313 posts)
"we have been blocked by couples who we have told them that we are not interested. we find that inmature, childish. "

There's no good reason you should make such judgements. People just don't want your profile appearing as "available", when for all practical purposes, you are not available to them.

As lost_J1 says, don't take it personally. We block all nearby smokers, just so we don't have to scan past their profiles time and time again. Neither do we wish to be contacted by them. It doesn't mean we don't like them, nor do we feel superior. We just aren't swinging with smokers.

The 'block' feature allows you to customize the site to your tastes, though crudely. If you went to a club or party, wouldn't it be nice if people with certain characteristics would not approach you? Online, you have that option.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
We met a couple at a M&G, and they told me we had blocked them. I had no recollection of doing so, or of ever blocking anyone except one single guy who wouldn't stop emailing after a few 'no thank you' messages. When I finally figured out how to get to the blocked list, there was another couple as well, and we did not do it intentionally.

Phoenix AZ
Username hidden
(3 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 23   End
TOPIC: Being blocked