A really strange query : Swingers Discussion 199195
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSwinger AdviceA really strange query
TOPIC: A really strange query
Created by: chimera66
Original Starting post for this thread:
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
User Details are only visible to members.
naughty, naughty, Shel....

Charlotte NC

Username hidden
(557 posts)
I was raised catholic and was a pentecostal in my adult hood. Ummm...neither are pro swinging and in their eyes both Jay and I are adulterers.

San Marcos TX

Username hidden
(23960 posts)
To the OP, I can't speak for other faiths, but as far as protestant faith are concerned, take a look at the Universalist Church. They tend to take a very broad and liberal view of scripture. Not saying that in a negative way. It just is what it is. They are very open to alternative lifestyles and many LGBT folks are comfortable in that environment.

Long story short. Most mainstream interpretations of the bible will not support the idea of swapping SO's for the purpose of sex. However, those same interpretations of scripture also make it very clear the only thing (according to the scripture) that causes a person to go to hell, is a lack of belief in Christ as the son of god, and acceptance of him as the guiding force in your life. Swinging does not send anyone to hell.

In all fairness, those who follow this faith will also say that anyone who is sincere in their desire to follow Christ in this manner, will have no desire to participate in the LS. So good luck with that. :)

Orlando FL

Username hidden
(3867 posts)
Trust you to put the best possible spin on it, Jim....lol.

You are right, Sweetart -- It has more to do with your personal relationship to God than it does the denomination. We were just curious. We have met (and played with) several swingers who were active swingers and church-goers. They didn't have any big discomfort over filling both of these roles. Apparently, they felt that whatever church dogma preached, God didn't have a problem with it. That's pretty much our position, too.

Charlotte NC

Username hidden
(557 posts)
I thought that Christian dogma teaches "love thy neighbor." Isn't that what we're doing with swinging?

Jim :-)

South Riding VA

Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Not so sure about that, Sweettart -- there are almost as many interpretations of the Bible as there are copies of it. But that is really irrelevant to the question. Let me put it more simply -- in your swinging experience, have you ever concluded that members of any particular denomination (Catholic, Lutheran, Baptist, Methodist, etc., etc.) seemed to have an easier time justifying the Lifestyle than members of other denominations? And they all use the same book, as far as that goes.

Charlotte NC

Username hidden
(557 posts)
agree, SirandP -- no members of that group would have many probs -- but how about the major denominations? Would love to hear some input here.

Charlotte NC

Username hidden
(557 posts)
Neo-paganism.

New Market MD

Username hidden
(196 posts)
I really don't know about denominational differences, but as a Christian I review occasionally the Forums on the the libchrist website.

Memphis TN

Username hidden
(2722 posts)
We had this discussion not long ago. What religion is the most compatible with swinging? We ain't kiddin. Would it be Christianity, Islam, Judism? And of the Christian religions, Catholic? Lutheran? Baptist? Methodist?, Unitarians?, etc., etc.

Behind this -- the people are usually way ahead of religious leaders in accepting stuff that was once taboo and unmentionable. There is tolerance for gays, recognition of bisexuality, few reservations at all about birth control -- not to mention the erotic and kinky stuff that consenting adults get into.

The question has already been asked about conflicts between swinging and religion -- many swingers are church/synagogue attendees and few seem to sense any great irony in this. So which denominations would seem to harbor the swingers most comfortable with their spiritual and sex life? Or are we misreading the whole scene? Anyway, this question came up, and we would love to hear your thoughts.

Charlotte NC

Username hidden
(557 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
TOPIC: A really strange query