Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Straight Couples › Very Few Bi-Curious Men
TOPIC: Very_Few_Bi-Curious_Men
Created by: funoralcouple02
Original Starting post for this thread:
I find that an overwhelming majority of men list themselves as "straight", while most women are "bi-curious". I can tell you from chatting with lots of "straight" men that are part of a couple, that many of them are bi-curious, they just don't define themselves as such in their profiles. Why is there such a stigma for a male to be bi-curious? Isn't the swinging community open-minded by it's very nature? What gives?

1  2  3  Next »
1 to 10 of 28
User Details are only visible to members.
First, let me extend to you a very belated welcome to the forum.

Secondly, let me say that there are a large number of folks in the LS who find it *disrespectful* for a guy (the OP is specifically talking about the bi males here) to keep secret the fact that he is bisexual and thus, not allow them the opportunity to make their own informed choices about who they play with.

Where this specific thing is concerned, let me congratulate you on your recent change in listing yourself as bi-curious. I will also congratulate you on having always made it pretty clear through your postings in the forums, as well as your profile narrative, that you were OK with and/or seeking bisexual activities. Because of that, I would say that you seem to have been reasonably up font from the beginning.

However, I also think that you are going to have even better and more consistent results now that your sexual orientation is listed as it is.

Though I appreciate others listing themselves accurately, I differ a little in that I *never* assume that *anyone* in this LS is being absolutely transparent with me about *anything*. That doesn't mean that they get a free pass for being dishonest, it just means that I put little reliance on what I'm told.

The reason that I strongly encourage bisexual males to accurately list themselves is for *their* benefit, not mine. The absolute best market for a bisexual male will be made up of other bi males, and couples with a bi male half. Exceptions clearly exist, but this is the broadest market. A bisexual guy who lists himself as straight will miss out on many in this potential pool.

Just my thoughts.

Again, welcome...and best wishes.

Tramp

Alpharetta GA
Username hidden
(2972 posts)
You're right. Everyone I encounter gets my full respect as a person (anything less is unacceptable) and up to this point I've gotten the same in return.

Concord Twp OH
Username hidden
(30 posts)
No, it isn't. That is only PART of what it's about. It's equally about respect.

Cocoa Beach FL
Username hidden
(8456 posts)
It's all about having a good time, IS IT NOT?

Concord Twp OH
Username hidden
(30 posts)
first, I agree with Tramp and Smooth

AZ,

Change your status to BI. Stop lying to everyone. Come on out of the closet. It's 2016, it's OK to be BI. Just say it. :)

Hilliard OH
Username hidden
(1683 posts)
@AZ. With all due respect, you seem to be quite willing to dish it out. Hoping you can take it as well cause this might sting a bit.

You seem to be very comfortable with telling others what you enjoy without apology. Your profile is clear about that, as well as the fact that she is straight, and does not care for black guys. Fabulous. All your choices, and you have made them. What you do not get to do is decide for everyone else how they are to interpret all of this.

One of the growing problems in this lifestyle seems to be a need to reject simple identifiers. No one likes labels, we all get that. But if a guy likes to suck dick, he doesn't just get to change the rules at will and claim to be straight just because he doesn't care for that "bi" label. I mean, you can, but no one, NO ONE, will take you or anything you say seriously.

You sound as though you have had some difficulties with people in your time here in the LS. Welcome to the club. We've all been there and there's really no reason to believe it will ever change. It's the nature of the beast and if you can't handle it without becoming bitter, you may need to ask yourself some tough questions about whether this little hobby is really for you.

Do your thing. No one is here to stop you. If someone tries to drag you over to their sandbox against your will, do what the rest of us do and say thanks, but no thanks.

Good luck to you both.

Cocoa Beach FL
Username hidden
(8456 posts)
First of all, welcome to the forums (a little belated)

Secondly, your post reminds me of something I've often wondered about concerning the Straight Couples forum. It seems to be the least used forum category of any, and even now, the post that broke the 132 days of silence relates to bisexuals.

Just interesting.....

Concerning your post though, I would agree with much of what you say, with one exception, to wit:

"...it takes a very high level of comfort for something like that [69+1] to be pulled off..."

Not really comfort I think. What it takes is a guy on the bottom who doesn't mind a man's genitals at, near, and probably on/in his face and mouth.

Now....

There's not a thing in the world wrong with any of that, but there's also not a thing in the world that's *straight* about that either.

You're absolute best option for that guy is to look for a bisexual one...in my opinion.

Best wishes,

Tramp

Alpharetta GA
Username hidden
(2972 posts)
our personal opinion...and preferences, judging from the conversations I've had in the chat rooms on various topics, MANY guys, both married and single seem to have a skeleton in the closet (or at least a bone or two! LOL) Wife and I actually look for "bi friendly, bi comfortable, situationally bi guys"...wife has an interest in doing an mfm 69...69'ing with the other guy while I screw her from behind...takes a very high level of comfort for something like that to be pulled off, no str8 guy would accept that position and situation. I don't really care what's being done "down below" or if there is innocent, intentional or casual contact tween him and my privates...and just to make us a bit more odd for the lifestyle...the wife is totally, extremely, homophobically STR8! How's that for an odd couple? We actually never are looked down upon, we have been told "oh well, we really want female bi play, thanks anyway", emails, pm's and chat room conversations are always polite...it's in person that the bi women get pushy with her, insisting they can get her to "jump the fence", wife usually tells them their efforts will only result in personal injury! In short, we don't judge anyone based on labels, we judge based on personality and respect both given and received.

Buckeye AZ
Username hidden
(6 posts)
Or in my case, mostly absent-minded. ;'(

Tramp

Alpharetta GA
Username hidden
(474 posts)
Swingers aren't open minded, they're different minded.

I wish I could take credit for that.

Hilliard OH
Username hidden
(1683 posts)
1  2  3  Next »
1 to 10 of 28
TOPIC: Very Few Bi-Curious Men
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.