E-mail responses : Swingers Discussion 458251011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsStraight CouplesE-mail responses
TOPIC: E-mail responses
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 18 of 18 
User Details are only visible to members.
Wow, it's always kind of cool to see a two year old post resurface. We agree with most here, in the fact that a lack of response is certainly nothing to lose any sleep over. While we understand that no response actually IS a not interested response, the old school side of us this still considers it rude behavior. While nothing that happens in the cyber world would upset us personally one bit, we appreciate that there are some that are more sensitive to things like this. Certainly nobody should feel obligated to respond to an e-mai that doesn't interest them in the least, but we do agree with the op in that we think the behavior itself is rude, no matter how it's colored. To each their own, just personally we find it takes zero effort on our parts to just hit the "no thanks" reply and not leave someone hanging. Then of course if they respond with a rude e-mail, we can just block the sorry assed losers, lol

Reno NV
Username hidden
(1176 posts)
I used to respond to every email even when I wasn't interested. Then I began to notice (just from choosing the "quick response" for "no thanks") a few people who couldn't handle it and they replied to my "no thanks" with rude comments and judgements. I even had a few online stalkers who just wouldn't drop the subject that I said "no thanks"--thus I started using "block". At the risk of appearing rude, I no longer answer the emails that I'm not interested in. It's a pretty forward approach to things and if you really don't get the jist that a no reply means "no thank you", then perhaps you should stick to the club scene where your cues are easier to read. Best of luck to you! (just my opinion lol not trying to be rude honestly)

St George UT
Username hidden
(2113 posts)
I guess everyone has their own way of doing things. And for us....not even being a year into the LS... that was one thing that stood out to us as being unusual. I personally am glad this thread is here. It can help the newbies to understand different points of views. I know the forums for us were a way of seeing the ins and outs of the LS. Its not like you can call your bestfriend and ask for advice, or share your thoughts. Hearing both sides helps people like me to understand the no response. Mrs sassy

Steger IL
Username hidden
(4705 posts)
how many times is this going to be debated? Good grief!!! Why are people so sensative? IF you dont' get a response be and adult take it as a NO and move on with your life. stop whinning about it. *********************************************************** Ditto my thoughts.. I keep getting emails that say blah blah blah.. and IF YOUR INTERESTED would love to hear back from you... then when I delete and go on (if I am not interested) they email back with "how rude not to answer our email...I did answer you.. You said IF I was interested to mail back I assumed that if I wasnt it was acceptable to you that I not answer. SWT

Spring TX
Username hidden
(2216 posts)
The lack of response Is a response, even it it's not what you'd hoped for. Their non-response is saying 'no thanks'. Get over it, live with it, and move on.

(If someone is willing to ignore your expressions of interest, are they really likely to be the sort of people that you'd want to know better??)

JnD

Username hidden
(786 posts)
how many times is this going to be debated? Good grief!!! Why are people so sensative? IF you dont' get a response be and adult take it as a NO and move on with your life. stop whinning about it.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
I agree it's rude and irritating. I'm the type of person who follows etiquette :o) and try to always do things in a timely manner. We actually just had something happen to us that was weird. A couple contacted us(had their privates open)... we thought they looked like a good match up...we responded and sent our face picture. And a week went by after they had read our response...saw them online several times..and nothing. It's odd to me that you would contact someone and then blow them off. We arent ugly!! lol . After a week we removed them from the friends list and wrote it off. We have had to respond to people numerous times and say we are not interested in polite ways...it is very difficult. But I think it is just common courtesy..and I wish more couples would do it.

Steger IL
Username hidden
(4705 posts)
Shit happens and sometimes you wont get a response. YOU will not be the first nor the last this has happened to so take it with a grain of salt. Just take a no response to there not interested, its kinda the same thing. One thing to remember is that sometimes people just dont know how to say no in a polite way and opt to just not answer figuring that its an easier way without being rude. We dont ever get offended by this we just move along :-)

Rumford ME
Username hidden
(130 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 18 of 18 
TOPIC: E-mail responses