lost friendships because of swinging : Swingers Discussion 612261031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSoft Swingerlost friendships because of swinging
TOPIC: lost friendships because of swinging
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   31 to 40 of 48   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Ring, I agree with you. We've had to say that type of thing to two couples over the last nearly 8 years. The first time, they took offense and we never heard from them again. The second time it worked out much, much better and to this day we still socialize with them. Now that is far different than playing with a couple and deciding they aren't to your taste, of course. I think that happens to all of us at one time or another.

Cambridge VT

Username hidden
(6291 posts)
sand.... I think at some point you have to say your not interested in playing even if you don't do anything with the couple beside straight sex. Otherwise it could be awkward b/c they may continue to approach you to play. And I think that it is only polite b/c I know I would not want a couple to avoid me or ignore me b/c they can't tell me they no longer want to play with us. But then what do I know. lol

Lansing MI

Username hidden
(1621 posts)
we have lost some friends when the swinging part stops. I think it is natural since you may not share the same interests anymore and that the friendship moves to an acquaintance level.

Fort Collins CO

Username hidden
(192 posts)
We agree with Ring2S that its very difficult to tell someone that the sex is over and done with, but we want to remain friends. Most times in the lifestyle, it doesn't get said because neither of the couples can come up with the correct words.

As far as friendships go, within this Lifestyle, we will NEVER let ourselves get so involved, and so close, to playmates, as to be hurt when the "foursome" breaks up. We may form a deep friendship with them that has nothing at all to do with the sex. But that friendship is separate and apart from the playing, at our request. S&J

Cambridge VT

Username hidden
(6291 posts)
Yes, we have been on both sides. But I think it is part of the swinging thing. I think for some it can be difficult to say the sexual compatibility is no longer there, but we would like to still be friends. It takes strong communication skills to have this kind of conversation. If you can you end up with good friends.

Lansing MI

Username hidden
(1621 posts)
To us honestly the friendship aspect is more important than the sex....what I mean is we would stop sex with people in order to maintain the friendship. We do not play with people outside of swinging (as in vanillas we know) so I don't know about losing friendships as far as that goes. I have heard lots of stories though where friends outside of swinging had sex and then it was very awkward after. Especially if things go badly or not up to expectation...it changes things. I have one friend who is a single male in the ls who I would LOVE to make a fuck buddy...but he is terrified of it affecting our friendship...so I get to hear about his girls....dammit....haha. Shell

San Marcos TX

Username hidden
(23995 posts)
ah, ponemiu..

u make me smile a lot during the day and that is a good thing..

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
I just caught this thread M, what is this word wisen?

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
We recently lost a friend, or so we thought she was a friend, She is a single unicorn who we found here on SLS. for 3 months we saw her every weekend. but when feelings began to grow to more then friendship she called everything off and now wont even talk to us.

Now she has on her profile that she is leaving the lifestyle but yet is on every day and on video chat. Go figure. But we have also cought her in several lies so I guess in the long run her ending the friendship was the best thing.

We are open and honest with everyone we see. and we respect everyone who is the same with us. One thing we do not tolerate is a lier.

Whitakers NC

Username hidden
(939 posts)
We have lost friendships in swinging. Not necessarily because one person called it off, although I have done this. Now, when I say that I mean we called off the sexual aspect of our friendship...we still talk with this couple often and call them friends. Shelly

San Marcos TX

Username hidden
(23995 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   31 to 40 of 48   End
TOPIC: lost friendships because of swinging